16 Oktoberfest Party Ideas for When You Can’t Make It to Germany
So you can’t make it to Oktoberfest in Germany. Don’t worry — not many of us can! But that’s okay, because you’re about to throw a Wunderbar Oktoberfest party at your home. Scroll on to see how you can transform your backyard into a bustling Biergarten and dress up your cake with German-inspired beer mugs. Pro tip: The key is keeping an abundant amount of beer, pretzels and Bavarian-themed decorations in stock. Prost!
2. German Bratwurst Hot Dogs With Red Cabbage Sauerkraut: Plan the perfect BBQ and cook up these delicious German Bratwurst hot dogs, featuring the prettiest ‘kraut you’ve ever seen. Get your party hashtag ready: Your guests’ tastebuds will be thanking you, right after they’ve posted all about it on Insta. (via Adore Foods)
4. Picnic Printables: Dress up your beer bottles, utensils and condiments for an entirely festive party. These picnic-themed printables will be the perfect way to top off your party decorations. (via Funky Time)
5. German Roasted Pecans: Add a taste of Oktoberfest to your dessert table by making these delicious German roasted pecans. Put them in a travel-cone like this to keep your guests from congregating around your dessert table. (via Southern Fatty)
7. Raise Your Props Beer Sign ($5): Make sure when you show up to an Oktoberfest party, your host knows you mean business. This beer-themed signed is the perfect way to do that.
9. DIY Pretzel Necklace: When they’ve got a beer in one hand and a camera in the other, your guests will love your hands-free snacking option. These may not have blue-tooth capabilities, but they’re certain to taste delicious. (via ModCloth Blog)
10. Oktoberfest Poster: Decorate your walls with this free Oktoberfest-inspired poster. Your guests will feel like they’ve been transported to Germany. Print out multiples for great placemats on your tables or counter tops. (via Behance)
11. Oktoberfest Pretzel Bracelet: This bracelet is not edible, but it sure looks delicious. Continue your love of all things German and make an adorable pretzel bracelet for your guests to enjoy as party favors. (via Pixi Mit Milch)
12. Beer Mug Cakes: Beer comes in all shapes and sizes, like these beer mug cakes for example. For those of you who are a whiz in the kitchen, these beer-inspired cakes are a must. (via Hungry Happenings)
13. Beer Themed Cake Topper: If your cake decorating skills aren’t as crafty as the previous inspo, these cake toppers will work just fine. Add adorable beer cake toppers for all of your guests to admire. (via Paint the Gown Red)
14. German Cucumber Salad: Save time and money on your party by making this delicious German cucumber salad. You can add pretzels (in lieu of croutons) to give an added crunchy bite. (via Maria Ushakova):
15. German Gift Outlet Appetizer toothpicks ($4): Decorate your appetizers and entrees with these adorable Oktoberfest toothpicks. These will work great on your mini bratwurst hors d’oeuvres.
16. Think Geek Das Can-in-Stein ($10): Slip your beer drink into this stein and brace for the impending carousing. These drink accessories are the perfect addition to any Oktoberfest party.
Follow us on Pinterest for more Oktoberfest must-try party ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.