Prost! Here’s Everything You Need to Throw an Epic Oktoberfest Party
Halloween may be the most popular October holiday, but we’re excited about one more fall event that gives us the perfect excuse to gorge on beer, brats and soft pretzels. That’s right, people: We’re talkin’ Oktoberfest. If you’ve never thrown an Oktoberfest party, we’ve got everything you’ll need and more, from decor ideas to German-inspired menu items. So put on your best lederhosen, crack open a cold one and get to party planning.
1. Pumpkin Beer Cooler: Oktoberfest is all about the beer (duh). So instead of carving out a jack-o-lantern, hollow out a pumpkin, fill it up with ice and get to cooling those seasonal ales you love so much. (via Waiting on Martha)
3. Sparking Pumpkin Cider Beertail: We love sipping on our pumpkin ale straight, but to switch things up, try this beertail made with pumpkin ale, sparkling cider and lots of cinnamon. (via Brit + Co)
4. Das Boot ($25): No, you are never, ever, EVER too old for a das boot. Invest in one for your upcoming shindig because, well, it isn’t an Oktoberfest party without a big ol’ beer-filled boot floating around!
6. Beer Mugs($29): Clink the night away with these festive (and hefty!) beer mugs.
13. Homemade Oktoberfest Pretzels: If beer is the Batman of Oktoberfest, then homemade soft pretzels are certainly the Robin. Serve these puppies up warm with some tangy yellow mustard for the perfect party snack. (via Fashion Edible)
15. Pretzel Bite Mini Bucket Holders: If you go the pretzel bite route, be sure to craft up some adorable p-bite holders, like these mini buckets lined with Oktoberfest colors. (via The Flair Exchange)
16. Hot + Spicy Mustards ($28): And you best not be serving up all of these pretzels without a little mustard for a hot, spicy and salty dipping fest.
17. Pretzel Bar: A food bar is always a good idea, especially if you’re expecting lots of guests. Create a pretzel sampling bar, complete with various mustards and cheesy dips, to really get the Oktoberfest-ivities started. (via Pillsbury)
22. Pumpkin Beer Bread: Fully commit to the beer theme and whip up this scrumptious pumpkin beer bread made with pumpkin puree. Don’t want to make your own from scratch, we’ve got you covered with a mix. (via Gimme Some Oven)
24. Beer Mug Cupcakes: These are so ridiculously amazing, we can’t. even. stand it. Those fondant beer mugs are filled with chocolate cake, filled with Bailey’s Irish Cream chocolate ganache…!!! (via Tablespoon)
Have another Oktoberfest must-have to add to the list? Share it with us in the comments!