20 Stocking Stuffers For Under $20
Less than 20 days to go till Christmas Day! How is your gift hunt going? To supplement our 2011 Gift Guide, we thought we’d also give you a few ideas for affordable and creative stocking stuffers. We already have some of these around the office, and fully endorse all of them. Happy stuffing!
1. Staple Free Stapler ($9) – You’ll never have to refill the stapler again! This stapler uses the paper itself to bind things together.
2. Like & Dislike Stamps ($13) – Perfect to walk around the office with, and even more perfect (but dangerous) to walk around someone else’s kitchen with :)
3. Clothespin Chopsticks ($4) – A more interesting way to eat. These are so fun that I’d use these for more than just Asian food, too. Chopstick pizza bites, anyone?
4. Happy Socks ($10) – Hands down, my favorite socks of all time. They really do make you happy when you’re getting dressed each day.
6. Tweets & Status Updates For All Occasions ($9) – Surprise your friends by busting out with something witty or incredibly charming. These pre-written tweets and status updates may very well up your Klout score.
7. Geek Statement Socks ($11) – Some make a statement with jewelry, but in 2012, make your statement with socks. Go on, just go ahead and tell it like it is.
8. DIY Playing Cards ($2) – The best stocking stuffers can’t be bought. Send a sentimental gift using an old pack of playing cards.
9. iPod Hoodie ($20) – Keep your iPod warm and extra cute. Definitely a conversation starter for the streets.
10. Graphic Tape ($10) – There are so many DIY projects we can think of using this for, but we’ll let you come up with your own. It’s our favorite, most colorful tape we’ve seen lately.
11. Will You Measure Me? Ring Spoons ($20) – Perfect for newly-engaged or nearly-engaged couples. (Note: Could get very awkward if she’s actually expecting a ring from you this Christmas.)
12. Fashionable Sonic Toothbrush ($15) – Finally, someone adds a bit of festivity to the toothbrush.
13. Bacon Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix ($16) or Bacon Popcorn ($5) – If they love bacon, they’ll love each of these. I gave out the Bacon Popcorn at my recent birthday party, and can testify that it was a smash hit!
14. Stemware Dishwasher Tether ($15) – A great stuffer for the entertainer – these tethers let you wash fancy glasses in the dishwasher without worrying about them breaking or falling over.
15. MugStir Spoon & Cup In One ($11) – Have your coffee and stir it, too.
16. Obol – The Never Soggy Cereal Bowl ($20) – Everyone has a different opinion on how soggy their cereal should be. This is especially useful for those that prefer a little crunch to their breakfast mix.
17. Le Whif Breathable Chocolate ($7) – Warning: men are not allowed to gift this to women. Women, you are only allowed to gift this to men.
19. Slice Box Cutter ($20) – Everyone needs a good box cutter, especially when opening up Aunt Marge’s way-too-heavily-taped gifts. This is a hand-sharpened, retractable, adjustable-length cutter that looks as beautiful as it looks harcore.
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)