20 #Winning Holiday Mantels Spotted on Instagram
With the holiday countdown well underway, you’ve started wrapping gifts, trimming the tree and decking the halls —but maybe your favorite tradition by far is the holiday mantel. If you’re anything like us, you’re tempted to add tinsel and twinkle lights to pretty much every surface during this season. We’ve rounded up the prettiest holiday mantels spotted on Instagram to inspire your next holiday decor project. Grab those pom-pom garlands, Christmas tree cones and festive wreaths and get ready to spruce up your space with one of these 20 #winning holiday mantel ideas!
1. PrettyPastels: If you’re looking for something other than the traditional red, white and green palette, opt for a refreshing pop of pastel. Take this pretty winter wonderland: It’s chic, modern and unique!
2. Vibrant Prints and Patterns: Go big by mixing different colors and patterns to create a fun and festive mantel with a bohemian touch.
3. Bright + Bold: Pair sleek gilded accents with bright pops of color for a dreamy pairing destined for your mantel. For some texture go with a wreath or string of pom-poms.
4. Mix and Match: Turn your mantel decorating project into a family activity. Have everyone DIY their own unique stockings, then hang them up in all their mismatched, quirky and personalized glory.
5. Eclectic Treasures: Visit your local thrift store for vintage holiday finds. No worries if they don’t necessarily match. Their unique origins will add to the overall varied look.
6. Classic: There may be tons of holiday decorating options, but you really can’t go wrong with the classic red, white and green combo. Take on the traditional colors for a truly timeless look you can bring back year after year.
7. Modernized Classic: Here’s a mantel that plays on the traditional red and green but maintains a modern edge. For a similar look, offset the colors with an all-white background and pops of metallic gold.
8. White + Gold: For a holiday mantel that’s absolutely chic, go with a white and gold aesthetic. Gold tinsel, gold glitter garland letters and a frosty white tree are what you’ll need to tie this look together.
9. Gold + Red: Seeing red is sometimes a good thing. Throw a red ornament here, a red garland there and voila! Metallic gold and red decor never made a mantel look so good.
10. White Out: Keep everything wintry white with a few metallic accents. You’ll be left with a look that’s elegant and pristine.
11. Silver + Gold: If you’re all about the glam life, go big with mixed metallics. Whether you opt for silver and gold or gold and copper, you can bet the final look will be magical.
12. Spell It Out: Make a statement by decorating your mantel with big block letters. You can spell out a festive phrase or word and display cute ornaments between the letters.
13. Modern Minimalist: For something a little more subdued, go with a modern minimalist mantel. Opt for a simple green garland and unembellished red and white stockings. The result is a clean and classy holiday mantel that requires minimal effort.
14. Organic Theme: Bring the beauty of nature indoors with a garland of fresh eucalyptus and a holly wreath. Complete the refined organic theme with gold accents.
15. Rustic Chic: Take on a rustic chic approach with a holiday wreath of driftwood pieces. Throw on a pinecone-filled fir garland and old-school lanterns to match.
16. Dainty and Delicate: Glass figurines are the definition of dainty and delicate. Bring an ethereal element to your mantel surface with “ice” sculptures made of clear or frosted glass.
17. Woodland Wonderland: Cozy up your fireplace with some faux fur stockings. Complement the furry accents with a lush green garland and wooden candle stands that are sure to stir up serious woodland vibes.
18. Neutrals: For a calming look that isn’t as striking as bright white, go with a neutral palette. Cream-colored stockings with brown fur trim, beige Christmas tree cones and a silver gray wreath are a great way to get started.
19. Better Believe It: There’s no denying this mantel’s rustic charm. Turn up those cabin vibes with wooden figurines and ski-inspired trinkets.
20. Cozy Knits: Woven banners, knit stockings and yarn-wrapped Christmas tree cones complete this mantel’s uber cozy aesthetic. Get the look by busting out your knitting needles ASAP.
Have you decorated your mantel yet? Follow us on Pinterest for more holiday decor inspo!