These Are the Top 2017 Wedding Trends, According to Pinterest
No matter where you are in the planning stages, Pinterest helps couples everywhere find, save, and share a good chunk of their wedding inspiration on one pretty little board. The site recently released its annual Wedding Report Board, which highlights some of the biggest wedding trends for 2017. Whether you’re hunting for bridesmaid dresses or your wedding day updo, you’ll stay ahead of the curve with these 24 trends pulled straight from the source. Happy pinning!
1. Think Pink: Searches for “dusty rose” are as hot as the desert-inspired wedding trend this hue has been inspiring. The color looks great on everything, whether you add it to your bouquet, invites, table decor, or bridesmaid dresses. (via Antiquaria)
2. New Zealand: More and more newlyweds are using Pinterest to search for their honeymoon getaways, and a lot of those results are leading to New Zealand. Whether you and boo are adventurers, wine-lovers, or beach bums, New Zealand pretty much has it all. (via STA Travel)
3. Fall Wedding Season: Thanks to the cool temps and bright colors, couples are swapping out spring weddings for fall nuptials instead. Use Mother Nature’s palette as inspo for your wedding party and bouquet, and start looking at pretty lace toppers for when the night air starts to cool. (via Joey Kennedy Photography / Chic Vintage Brides)
4. Ready-to-Wear Bridesmaid Dresses: In 2017, brides want their girls in less formal dresses that give off a more relaxed vibe. Whether you mix and match floral prints with solid hues or go full-on floral, you can be sure these comfy maxi dresses will be worn again and again — and your gals will love you for it. (via Chicnico)
5. Santorini: Growing in popularity, Greece is fast becoming a hot honeymoon destination. Santorini, in particular, has luxe resorts to complement the gorg landscape, cityscape, and seascape that are just begging to be ‘grammed. (via Art Maisons)
6. Brunch Weddings: Donuts are well on their way to replacing traditional wedding cakes, which is why it’s no surprise that brunch-themed weddings are hotter than ever. For one thing, the (normally) lower price tag for a daytime wedding means you can serve up dishes that’ll save you a little money without sacrificing on taste. (via The Reason / 100 Layer Cake)
7. After Parties: More and more couples are thinking about ending the formal reception a touch early and moving the party to a more casual bar. It can be a huge money-saver, and it’s definitely a reason to spring for a cute LWD. (via Tim Will / Southern Weddings)
8. Pre-Wedding Party Destinations: The Big Easy — AKA New Orleans — is the most researched pre-wedding party destination. If you’re in need of a hot bachelor or bachelorette party location, consider NOLA. (via Power Couple Life)
9. Off-the-Shoulder Dresses: Off-the-shoulder has been huge in street wear, but now the trend has officially crept into bridal as well. If you’re looking for a sultry look that you can wear to your bachelorette or town hall nuptials, this Eloqui Lace Ruffle Sleeve ($130) number is everything. (via Eloqui)
10. Mountainside Elopements: If you love the outdoors and are planning on eloping, Pinterest points to locations in the Pacific Northwest. These mountain views are ideal for photos and intimate gatherings with your closest loved ones. (via April O’Hare Photography)
11. Statement Earrings: Brides everywhere are scouring the internet for the best wedding accessories, and that includes earrings that are conversation starters. Hello, ivory tassels! (via The Lane)
12. Small or No Bridal Parties: Millennials want their friends to focus on relaxing and having fun at their weddings, which has led to either nixing bridal parties completely or only naming one or two bridesmaids/groomsmen. This trend allows your big day to be more about you and your partner rather than large groups of people. (via Hannah Costello Photography / Bridal Musings)
13. Greenery: Maybe Pantone’s color of the year inspired a spike in popularity, but there’s no arguing that greenery is elegant, whimsical, and budget-friendly. Add it to your table decor, bouquets, mantles, and wedding invites for a nod to Mother Nature that goes with everything. (via Stehlik Photo / Andrea Layne)
14. Mini-Moons: Many couples are holding off on those big honeymoons and looking into taking more understated trips that immediately follow the big day. (via Studio DIY)
15. Food and Drink Pairings: Instead of thinking of food and drink separately, pairings is the new trend we can all get behind. Couples are making sure your beer goes with your slider to give the complete culinary experience. (via Olivia Leigh / Borrowed and Blue)
16. Serve Yourself: Looking for ways to save on that open bar? Self-serve drink stations are surging, so get ready to tap into your fave local and seasonal brews. (via The Melideos)
17. Drip Cakes: Remember when naked cakes burst onto the scene and completely took over almost every wedding? You’re about to see that happen with the drip cake. They’re pretty and customizable to your color palette and will make your dessert table totally Instagram-worthy. (via Midnight Sun Cakery)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by 𝓜𝓪𝓵𝓵𝓸𝓻𝔂 𝓢𝔀𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓬𝓴 (@malloryswin_art) on
18. Wedding Tattoos: You’ve heard of couples tattooing their wedding date — or maybe even opting for a tattoo instead of a traditional ring — but Pinterest says couples are searching for “wedding bouquet tattoo” this year. Sometimes you just have to do something special to remember how great your flower arrangements were.
19. Collagen Lip Masks: Celebrities really do influence the masses. Since this post of Emma Stone prepping for the red carpet in a collagen lip mask hit the internet, searches have skyrocketed. You might as well incorporate it into your beauty routine on your big day, right?
20. Simple Updos: Brides with longer locks are searching for sleek, simple updos in 2017. Paired with a vintage-inspired dress, the effect is all kinds of chic. (Photo via Kelly Brown / Green Wedding Shoes)
21. (Something) Blue Suits: There’s a serious new kid on the block for groom attire, and it comes in the form of this saturated blue suit. Play up this hue with blue glass in your table decor, or give it a more subtle nod with your bouquet. (via Pat Furey / Ruffled)
22. Taco Trend: One of the biggest trends for wedding food in 2017? The taco bar. Pair it with a margarita bar or spicy signature cocktails. (via Deer Pearl Flowers)
23. Pink Eyeshadow: Go on and double dip your dusty rose color (#1 on this list) and use it in your florals *and* eyeshadow. Play it up with bold accessories or go soft and sweet with a more natural look. (via Model Love)
24. Natural Hair: Brides are developing an affinity for going au natural in the hair department on their wedding day. It’s whimsical and gorgeous, whether you want to add bling, flowers, or just let it flow. (via Alex Kaplan Photography / Black Bride)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.