Weddings are rad — don’t get us wrong — but they aren’t cheap either. And while you’re willing to dedicate your hard-earned cash to this unforgettable event, you shouldn’t expect everyone else to open their wallets and do the same. Especially in terms of attire. Yup — we’re referring to the dreaded bridesmaid dress — easily the WORST part of wedding planning (besides getting Grandma off your back about almost every. single. decision.) for practically everyone involved. Your girls don’t want to have to dish out for a dress they hate and will literally never wear again, and you just want everyone to be happy while still achieving your vision — not exactly an easy feat. We hear you, girl, which is why we’ve gone ahead and scouted 14 lovely bridesmaid looks that will win you some serious style points with your crew — because yeah, they’ll actually be able to rock ’em again.
1. J.Crew Pamela Dress in Leavers Lace ($228): Your girls won’t just gush over this look’s lovely lace and sophisticated swagger — the knee-length hemline, sleek silhouette and illusion neckline also make it the perfect pick for any event on their iCals. #nailedit
2. Reformation Wooster Dress ($268): Friends don’t let friends wear cringe-worthy frocks, which is exactly why you’ll want to enlist this chic wrap dress into your “I do” lineup stat. Be it a swanky dinner date with bae or an upcoming fall wedding, she’ll have plenty of occasions to pull out this versatile style again.
3. Lane Bryant Floral Keyhole Dress ($128): Who says bridesmaid attire has to be boring? Usher in a new era of wedding-day duds with this pretty floral print option that’s straight-up goals. Style it with strappy metallic heels and statement drop earrings FTW.
4. ASOS Cold Shoulder Flutter Sleeve Embellished Bodice Midi Dress ($98): Major #swoon. If there’s one thing this embellished beauty knows how to do, it’s turn heads. Between the cold shoulder silhouette, bold berry color and 3D details, your girls best get ready to capture the room. To ensure your maids don’t outshine your look-at-me aesthetic, have them dial things down a notch with a sleek hairstyle, classic heels and fresh-faced makeup.
5. Jenny Yoo Inesse Dress ($290): This romantic style is at the higher end of her price point, but trust us — it offers major bang for her buck. Understated, timeless and totally contemporary, this flowy floral number would look ah-mazing at a seaside soiree, a garden party or an unforgettable late-night bash. Team with a flower crown to unleash serious boho vibes.
6. Alfred Sung Style D686 ($190): Forget neutrals — this jade off-the-shoulder number is too good to pass up. The classic silhouette will look gorgeous on all your girls, plus the knee-length hemline is perfect for bustin’ a move out on the dance floor. Elevate the look with strappy metallic heels and chic chandelier earrings.
7. David’s Bridal Mikado Short Bridesmaid Dress With Side Pleats ($140): This strapless stunner earns major fashion points for its ultra classy aesthetic and architectural edge. The dramatic plum hue will really make your bridesmaids pop, and the understated styling means your squad will have no problem rockin’ ‘em again. Style with sleek locks, shimmery collar necklaces and ankle-strap pumps for a standout look.
8. Serenity by Donna Morgan Alana Dress ($260): Say “I do” to this elegant chiffon dress that will do right by your crew. With its high neck, sweeping skirt and soft pastel pattern, it’s the maxi dress you didn’t know you always needed but now wouldn’t dream of taking on wedding season without. Dress it up with a romantically undone updo, gold heels and a come-hither cat eye.
9. J.Crew Cara Dress in Silk Chiffon ($228): “Hell yes!” That’s the kind of response this Grecian cocktail dress will inspire from your BFFs. Have ‘em rock it with embellished belts, statement studs and bold block heels for a #winning look.
10. Bella Bridesmaid Style BB107 (POA): Ultra-glam affairs call for a gown with this much panache. Rose gold sequins and a streamlined silhouette make this shimmery sheath exude Old-Hollywood glamour. The metallic finish can be teamed with a sleek ear crawler and iridescent steppers for a contemporary cool look that won’t go unnoticed.
11. ASOS Wedding Floral Printed Rouched Bandeau Mesh Midi Dress ($88): Play up the sentiment of the occasion with a vibrant floral frock that was practically made for al fresco fêtes and countryside soirees. Save this vibrant number for your MOH and have the rest of your girls don solid colors, or for max impact, go for an all-in-one look complete with rose gold steppers and playfully pink pouts.
12. Reformation Poppy Dress ($388): Pull out all the stops with this after-dark-ready gown featuring a cold-shoulder neckline, swishy skirt and no shortage of swoon-inducing swagger. The gown’s wear-anywhere appeal means she’ll be reaching for this scene-stealer again and again, killin’ it at rustic vineyard nuptials and formal affairs at historic estates. Top it off with a lariat necklace and embellished minaudière clutch for a refined look.
13. ASOS Salon Premium Jacquard Extreme Maxi Dress ($226): Bridesmaid look on fleek. The beauty of this jacquard cocktail dress lies in its versatility — you don’t need to have a wedding event on the agenda to bust it out. Long after your bestie has said her “I dos,” team it with glitzy block heels, asymmetric earrings and elevated don’t-care hair for a date night or a swanky rooftop soiree.
14. David’s Bridal Long V-Neck Crepe Gown With Open Back ($200): We can’t decide what we love more — the fact that this formal gown boasts serious post-wedding potential or its OMG-worthy back that serves up just the right amount of sass. Accentuate the low back with an eye-catching pendant necklace and a sleek updo.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.