6 Fashion Trends That Buyers Are Eyeing for 2019
For many of us, 2018 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2019! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January and February for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
1. “Neon was all over the runways for Spring 2019. For both clothing and accessories, highlighter hues are a must-have, and if you’re too scared to completely rock bold colors, dip your toe in the trend with a strappy sandal.” — Erica Russo, Bloomingdale’s Vice President and Fashion Director for Accessories and Beauty
A Nod to Mother Nature
2. “From bold botanical and bird prints on apparel to indigos and shells inspired by the sea, 2019 will pull inspiration from nature. Whether it’s a head-to-toe floral suit with pops of on-trend peach, a handbag detailed with delicate butterflies, or anything copper (the shine of the season), this trend is sure to be a breath of fresh air.” — Lori Twomey, Zulily Chief Merchant
Modern Metal Sunglasses
3. “Slim silhouettes take center stage as the femme trend in 2019. Look for ultra-narrow cat-eye shapes, small oval frames, and keep an eye out for colorful lenses in fun pastels and nude color palettes to really amplify your entire eyewear ensemble. At Sunglass Hut, we are also seeing a lot of encased metal frames, mixed media shapes, and luminous combinations of metal with rich plastic textures. This mod-future trend can be seen with crystals, playful accents, and graphic-printed lenses.” — Anna Longoni, Sunglass Hut Head of Sun Assortment
4. “The shirt dress is a quintessential workwear piece that can be dressed up or down for the weekend, and it flatters all figures. We’re also going to be seeing a lot of printed skirts. They can be paired with a solid sweater or blouse, or even mixed and matched with stripes to bring vibrancy to your wardrobe.” — Nicole Haase, ModCloth Vice President and General Merchandising Manager
5. “Prepare for the combat boot craze. I know the ’90s are truly making a comeback because I’m seeing these nostalgic trends reemerging everywhere. Combat boots are also a great investment since they work all season long and can be worn with almost everything, from dresses to distressed denim.” — Brooke Hagen, Tobi Assistant Buyer
6. “Suiting and tailoring feel sleek and modern. I think our forthcoming chinos with deep-waisted pleats and oversized buttons will be a big hit and the boilersuit will be a hero piece for casual weekend style. If you prefer subtle colors, then style our crisp ivory twill suit with a black lace camisole and toughen up with accessories to balance the look.” — Toni Purdie, Topshop Head of Design
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.