Set Off Fireworks in Your Mouth With These 4th of July Pop Rocks Hacks
Even as adults, that fizzy, tingly, and popping sensation that comes from Pop Rocks is one that’ll give you a child-like thrill every time. You could even liken the experience to fireworks, which makes them the perfect addition to any Fourth of July party. Whether you sprinkle them on top of your Jell-O shots or dip your popsicles in them for added flavor, there are countless ways to hack a packet for your Independence Day snacks and desserts. For genius inspiration on how to incorporate Pop Rocks into your Fourth of July spread, take a look at the recipes below.
1. Firecracker Popcorn With Pop Rocks and Blue Sprinkles: If you like things sweet and salty with a candy surprise, this easy patriotic popcorn will be the snack of your dreams. Simply make your favorite microwave popcorn, drizzle it with candy melts, and scatter on strawberry Pop Rocks and blue sprinkles. (via Foodie Fun)
2. Firecracker Float: If there are two things that’ll bring your childhood flooding back, it’s Pop Rocks and ice cream floats. Combine the nostalgic snacks together and get a *major* sugar rush with this red, white, and blue firecracker float. (via I Heart Arts n Crafts)
3. Buzzed Cherry Bombs: Leave it to Americans to perfect the art of drowning fruit in booze. These vodka-soaked cherries are patted dry before being dipped in melted vanilla chips and blue sprinkles for a flag-like presentation. (via Frosting and a Smile)
4. Firecracker Margarita: If the tequila in this margarita isn’t enough to get your tongue dancing, the fizz of the Pop Rocks will be. For a bit of festive color, add a splash of blue curaçao before serving. (via As The Bunny Hops)
5. Firecracker Jell-O Shots: Perfect layered Jell-O shots take some time to get just right, but your patience will be rewarded. To make sure the candy keeps it spark, don’t add them until the last minute. (via Elle Talk)
7. Pop Rocks Frosting: Thanks to the many flavors of Pop Rocks, your cupcake frosting can have just about any color or taste you chose. For a Fourth of July theme, go for bubble gum, blue razz, or strawberry. (via Best Friends for Frosting)
8. Pop Rock Popsicles: It doesn’t get much better than fresh strawberry-balsamic ice pops dipped in a homemade chocolate magic shell and sprinkled with strawberry Pop Rocks. You could use store-bought pops in a pinch, but if you have time, you should try making them yourself. (via Cupcake Project)
9. Pop Rocks Ice Cream Sandwiches: When it comes to Fourth of July desserts, go big or go home. Thankfully, you can easily dress up any pre-made ice cream sandwich with a roll in Pop Rocks, and everyone will think that you slaved in the kitchen for hours. (via Studio DIY)
10. Pop Rocks Firecracker Truffles: The richness of these truffles combined with the effervescence of Pop Rocks are a memorable and unique flavor experience. Once you try one, you’ll be going back for more. (via How Sweet It Is)
11. Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade: You’ve got your boozy firecracker margarita; now it’s time for something the whole family can enjoy. Use up your ripe summer strawberries from the farmers’ market by making this sparkling strawberry lemonade that has a fizzy finish from Pop Rocks. (via Gimme Some Oven)
12. Vanilla Firecracker Cupcakes: These not-so-basic vanilla cupcakes are given a sparkle and fizz from various Pop Rocks flavors. If you want to make the dessert interactive, leave the cupcakes plain and let your guests top them with whichever variety they like. (via Deliciously Sprinkled)
Follow us on Pinterest for more fun holiday recipe ideas.