The 21 Best Fourth of July Party Ideas, According to Pinterest
With the Fourth of July quickly approaching, we’ve got red, white, and par-tay on the brain. If you’re hosting a backyard BBQ at your place or heading off to a picnic party at the shore, you’ll want to be ready with festive eats, drinks, and decorations. But before you start diving deep into those Pinterest feeds for ideas, check out this list of our favorite finds from the app. It’s got everything from refreshing cocktails to patriotic decorations and even some style and mani inspo. No need to spend hours creating your own party board!
1. Popsicle Cocktail: Champagne? Yes, please. You can make a mocktail version for the DDs using Sprite. (via Freutcake)
2. DIY Cardboard Rocket Ships: It’s inevitable that there will be kids present at an event like this. Might as well have something for them to do! These also make great faux-firework decor. (via Hello, Wonderful)
3. DIY Patriotic Napkin Rings: When you’re serving a large group of people, a buffet with pre-wrapped cutlery is the way to go. (via Jordan’s Easy Entertaining)
4. 4th of July Party Poppers: Because you can never have enough confetti. (via Tell Love and Party)
5. DIY Firework Sunglasses: If you don’t have firecracker sunglasses, are you even living? (via Studio DIY)
6. DIY S’mores Donuts: Once the sun goes down and the fire is blazing, a tray with these ingredients will quickly disappear. (via Aww Sam)
7. DIY U.S Flag Letterboard: Looking for a thematic way to display the signature cocktail or what’s on the grill? This DIY letterboard is how you’ll do it in style. (via Love The Day)
8. Printable Hot Dog Trays: With a little extra time and some funky cardstock, create these hot dog trays. Save the plates for the burgers and salads! (via The House That Lars Built)
9. Red, White, and Blue Fondant Sugar Cookies: Attending a potluck BBQ means it’s one giant competition to see who can make the most Pinterest-worthy dish. You’ll win hands down with this one. (via Pretty in Pistachio)
10. Star Spangled Banners: Garlands and balloons adorned with stars in red, white, and blue are details that won’t go unnoticed or under-appreciated. (via Design Improvised)
11. Printable Match Box Covers: You don’t have to go over the top to celebrate the 4th. Dress up what you’ve already got and call it a day. (via Almost Makes Perfect)
12. DIY Sparkler Packs: It’s not a real Fourth of July without sparklers. (via Lovely Indeed)
13. 4th of July Treat Boxes: Bribe the kiddos with these and you won’t hear (or see) them until it’s time for dinner. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
14. Coconut Water and Fresh Berry Popsicles: These frozen pops are delicious and healthy, and they couldn’t be any easier to make. Just drop some berries into popsicle molds, then fill with coconut water and freeze. (via Back to the Book Nutrition)
15. Fruit Cubes: Fruity ice cubes dress up any bevy. For this Fourth of July, place red and blue berries into ice trays, then fill with water and freeze. Break out the cubes when it’s time to party, and they’ll add a festive pop to all your drinks. (via Pip and Ebby)
16. Red, White and Blue Rice Krispies Treats: To deck out your Rice Krispies treats in patriotic colors, just dip them in red and blue melts, then add sprinkles and piping. The color-coordinated straws are a nice finishing touch and make them portable. That way, guests can mingle while they nosh. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
17. Parmesan Chive Corn on the Cob: Reminiscent of Mexican street corn, this recipe calls for a healthy dose of butter, grated cheese, and spices. Salty Parmesan adds just the right bite to sweet corn. (via Must Love Home)
18. DIY Kraft Paper Chip Bags: Whether your chips are store-bought or homemade, they’ll have scratch-made appeal in these DIY bags. Click through for the red, white, and blue printables. (via Lia Griffith)
19. Double-Sided Red White and Blue Picnic Quilt: Made of red, white, and blue bandanas, this patriotic coverlet is just the thing for an Independence Day backyard picnic. It’s an easy DIY — no binding is needed! — so you can sew it up in just a few hours. (via Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom)
20. Squirt Gun Station: Give the kids some squirt gun action. Nothing beats water fun when the weather gets hot and humid. (via First Home Love Life)
21. Kiddie Pool to Keep Things Cool: Keep a large quantity of drinks cool and easily accessible for kids by corralling them in a pool of ice. A red or blue plastic kiddie pool will also complement your patriotic theme. (via Balancing Beauty and Bedlam)
If you dig these July Fourth ideas, there’s more. Follow us on Pinterest.
(Additional reporting by Ariel Garneau)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)