6 Workouts to Do With Your Boo
As the holidays draw closer, it’s important to pair some squats with your butternut squash stuffing and leg lifts with the leftovers from those turkey recipes. If all that food has you in the spirit of togetherness, take a clue from these workouts you can do with a friend and get a sweat on with your S.O. with these six exercise ideas.
1. Get outside. Being active doesn’t necessarily mean going to the gym. Grab some hiking boots and hit the trails together (or the sidewalks if you live in an urban area) for an outdoorsy but effective workout.
2. Grab a bike. Kill two birds with one stone by going on a fast-paced bike ride with your boo. Not only will you get a workout in without even noticing it, but you’ll get to explore new places along the way.
3. Head to an exercise class. Whether the two of you like yoga, barre or SoulCycle classes, vow to take on a fun new session together. For an added challenge, compare your Fitbit data afterwards to see who mastered the workout!
4. Stream a YouTube workout instead of Netflix. Combine the best elements of staying in with the rush of working out by opting for a YouTube exercise video. There are vids for every style, so you can choose the pace and type of activity that fits both of you best.
5. Find an app for that. Some of the best workout apps are free, and if you and your partner find a good one, you can challenge yourself even when you’re not together. If you’re both busy or are in an LDR, this could be a great way to keep in sync without having to coordinate workout times.
6. Hit up a 5K. A 5K (or a 10K if you’re feeling extra motivated) is a great, non-intimidating way to have fun and get active while spending quality time together. Whether you find a cool, trendy run like The Color Run or see who can cross the finish line first, you’ll never regret taking the time to boost your body and your relationship.
Have you and your S.O. done any fun workouts together? Tell us about them @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)