8 Creative Valentine’s Dates for the Couple Who Has Been Together Forever
For anyone who’s been with their partner for more than a hot minute, Valentine’s Day can be more about keeping the flame going than getting it started. So whether you and your boo are are looking up 2016 wedding trends, celebrating wedding anniversaries or are in a comfortable, committed, long-term relationship, we’ve got eight creative V-Day date ideas to make this Valentine’s Day one you won’t forget by February 15.
1. Recreate Your Very First Date: Prepare to feel all the feels. Is there anything more sentimental than thinking about your very first date? Grab reservations at the restaurant you went to, rent the movie you saw or swing by the same bar for after-dinner drinks you did the first time around. Whatever you did back then, do it all over again.
2. Pick Up a New Hobby: Rock climbing? Calligraphy? Pasta-making? Video games? They all sound good to us. Whatever you aren’t doing now, try that thing on Valentine’s Day. A little bit of spontaneity mixed with the fun of figuring out something new together will take this holiday to the next level.
3. Try a Wine and Painting Class: Not the most creative couple? Not a problem: A little vino can go a long way for your artistic side. Companies like Vino & Van Gogh and Wine & Canvas make it easy to find a professionally led class in a city near you.
4. Brew Your Own Beer: It might only take a few hours to mix your ingredients, but it takes at least two weeks for the goods to ferment. That makes this the perfect activity for a couple who is guaranteed to still be together come March. Lucky for you, our resident brewer babe, Erica Shea, is willing and able to give up the goods to this seriously delicious grapefruit honey ale.
5. Take Flowers to Your Local Nursing Home: Everyone loves flowers. And it’s likely that your babe has picked up a bouquet for you more than once, so why not spread the love? Stop by your local florist or grocer to buy a few flowers in bulk (or try creating your own with paper mache!) and spend time creating your own unique bouquets together. Drop by your local nursing home and offer your handmade bouquets to people who may not have someone to celebrate with today.
6. Revisit the Year You Started Dating: Whether you’ve been together for five years or 50, this date idea is guaranteed to have memories flowing. Create a Spotify playlist of the year’s top songs and rent the year’s blockbuster hit – you’ll be strolling through memory lane in no time.
7. Tackle a DIY Project: Nothing brings a couple together like struggling through a DIY project. Try creating something neither of you have made before, like this DIY lip balm. Bonus: You can spend the rest of the night testing out your new creations! ;)
8. Create a Succulent Garden for Your Home: Share an abode with your babe? In just 35 minutes, Cherie will teach you how to make a sassy little succulent garden that can live indoors. Plus, it’s crazy low-maintenance and almost guaranteed to last longer than the store-bought flowers you would have spent your money on.
Tag us in you and your Valentine’s date pics on Instagram @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)