8 Cute Outfits for Bringing Baby Home from the Hospital
When you’re pregnant, you have nine months to work through a lot of decisions. From doctors and birth plans to maternity style and unique baby name ideas, it’s hard to keep the energy up — especially when it’s suddenly time to figure out your hospital bag must-haves. But packed away in that much-contemplated bag is one of the best (and sweetest!) decisions you’ll have to make: your baby’s first outfit home. Scroll through to see eight fun picks for every budget.
1. Serena and Lily Take-Me-Home Gift Set ($98): Soft and snuggly, the classic style of this outfit will keep your little one warm and your Instagram on point. Made from Peruvian Pima cotton, this kimono footed onesie has fold-over mittens and comes with a hat and matching blanket.
Budget Level: Savvy Spender
2. Baby Nell Coming Home Outfit ($48): Although the budget for this outfit isn’t quite Kardashian level, the style is. Pair this outfit with a cute cotton hat and your newborn will be ready to rock out on her first road trip home.
3. Hanna Andersson Night Night Baby Sleeper – Little Village ($38): Made from 100 percent organic cotton, Hanna Andersson sleepers are Jessica Alba-level quality. This guaranteed hand-me-down also has matching snug as a bug socks and hat (shown above) to dress your baby in the best from head to toe.
4. Lovely Lyra Organics Going Home Outfit, Whales ($36): Waiting to find out if your baby will be a boy or a girl? All you need is a basic white onesie and you’ll have a whimsical and gender-neutral choice for your sweet baby surprise.
5. Gigi and Max New Guy So Fly Going Home Outfit ($49): Let your baby announce his own entrance with this rad Etsy find. Top off this three-piece set with socks or booties and your little man will be the chillest baby on the block.
6. Boden Super Soft Reversible Set ($52): This effortlessly cool outfit is made from soft velour and jersey cotton to keep your little bug warm and fuzzy for the ride home. Bonus: The set is reversible, so you get two outfits in one!
Budget Level: Treasure Hunter
7. Skip Hop Baby Star Struck Footie & Hat Set – Lightning ($22): For the trendsetting mama, here’s an affordably cool alternative to the pink or blue options that are everywhere. This 100 percent cotton footed sleeper and hat set will keep your little one’s feet and head warm for the first drive home.
8. Lvlyxxx Freshly Squeezed Baby Onesie ($13): For the mama with a fun sense of humor, this punny and sweet onesie is an Etsy find made for Instagram, #NoCaptionNeeded.
Do you already have an amazing going-home outfit for your baby? Tweet us your pics @BritandCo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)