9 Cold-Weather Must-Haves for Your Workout Wardrobe
Finding time (and motivation) to get your workout in can be tough even in the summer. When the temperatures drop, making all the recipes out of Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook and sipping your favorite coffee cocktails can seem like way better options than that new heart-pumping fitness class you told your bestie you’d try. But having the right workout gear can make crushing a long run or nailing that outdoor HIIT routine a bit more bearable. So pick up one (or all nine) of the pieces below, suit up and get out there. Mother Nature is calling.
1. Oiselle Softshell Mittens ($36): When you’re hitting harsh weather, protecting your fingers is a must, and these mittens were made to do that and more. These wind- and water-resistant gloves have the added insulation of an outer layer that keeps your fingers sheltered together.
2. Outdoor Voices Tri-Tone Warmup Leggings ($95): These navy, blackberry and marine leggings from Outdoor Voices will have you looking amazing in any activity. Try them for a jog after work or a brisk backyard yoga sesh. No matter where you go or what you do, these tights have your back (and your legs).
3. Lululemon First Mile Jacket ($228): This slim-fit jacket may be designed for runs, but it can make an appearance anytime you’re outside. Made with the tiniest of details in mind, like fold-over cuffs to keep your hands from getting chilled, this jacket will quickly become the base — or main attraction — of all of your favorite cold-weather outfits.
4. Swiftwick Maxus One ($14): Thin and light these compression socks may be, but they’re built to withstand serious sweat, making them the ideal companion to keep your toes toasty. They provide support to all parts of the foot and help prevent blisters — so you can worry about breaking records instead.
5. Nike Dri-FIT Knit ($80): The key to any cold-weather outfit? Layers, and lots of them. Not only does this long-sleeve women’s running top from Nike come in a variety of cute colors and patterns, but the Dri-FIT tech means making this shirt the base of your ensemble will keep you comfy and dry for your entire workout.
6. FlipBelt Million Mile Light ($20): With colder temps come darker days, so FlipBelt’s Million Mile Light is a safety priority for outdoor workouts. Compact and weatherproof, the Million Mile Light is visible up to 200 meters away — and the best part is it’s powered solely by every step you take.
7. Old Navy Go-Dry Mid-Rise Printed Compression Leggings ($30): These skinny-fit leggings won’t just keep you warm, they’ll keep you motivated, because you won’t want to skip a workout and miss a chance to rock these on your run. Easy to move in and easy on the eyes? Yes, please.
8. C9 Champion Women’s Hooded Run Cowl ($30): You know we love a dual-action anything, and this hoodie might just be leading the pack. Perfect to throw on whether you’re on the way to the gym or going out for a light day, the wicking fabric will keep you cozy even as you’re working up a sweat.
9. The North Face Chizzler Headband ($25): The most important accessory for any cold-weather activity? A headband you can rely on. This one from The North Face is built for two things: keeping your ears warm and giving you slopes-ready style.
Follow us on Pinterest for more workout style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)