With the colder weather creeping in, we’re definitely finding it challenging to swap our usual homebound seven-minute workout for an exercise routine that makes us leave our cozy living room. Sure, we enjoy going on a crispy fall run (if the weather isn’t too chilly), but this season we’re challenging ourselves to break out of our fitness rut by attending a hot new fitness class. Here are some of our top contenders.
1. POUND Fit: Combining cardio, conditioning and strength training, this awesome drumming-focused class is definitely rock-star approved. Each move uses Pound’s bright green Ripstixs… and yes, it is totally okay to tell people that you have rock star arms after just one class.
2. Orange Theory Fitness: Get ready to get your sweat on: The goal of this workout is to get your heart rate in the orange zone (AKA at least 84 percent of your max potential). Using common fitness equipment like indoor rowing machines, treadmills and weight training blocks, this high-energy workout will definitely kick your butt in the best possible way.
3. STRONG by Zumba: This isn’t your grandmother’s Zumba class. Set to heart-pumping tunes, class members rock out while performing high-intensity interval training. Yep, you can pretty much just think of it as a cardio-friendly sweaty concert.
4. TRX Training: This cool, gravity-defying class uses the TRX Suspension Trainer to transform your own bodyweight into hundreds of strength and toning exercises. Plus, you can always pick up one for home use too if you want to practice before your next class!
5. Surf Set Fitness: You may remember this totally rad fitness product from its time on season four of Shark Tank (and yes, they scored a wicked deal!). Now fully funded with classes across the entire country, you can surf your way to a fit body without the awkward wetsuit.
6. Pop Pilates at 24 Hour Fitness: We’ve been fangirling hard ever since we heard that YouTube legend Cassey Ho was creating her own Pilates class at 24 Hour Fitness. Using the exact same techniques and awesome positive attitude that she exudes on her channel, this is simply a win for fall.
7. Air Foundation: If you’ve ever dreamed of gracefully soaring through the sky, you should definitely check out Air’s introductory class to aerial exercises. Although they are currently only operating out of five states (check here for a complete list of locations), if you do manage to score a space in one of their classes, be prepared for rigorous ab work and grueling strength training.
Are you checking out any new fitness classes this season? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Surf Set Fitness)