7 HIIT Workouts to Do Before You Hit Your AM Shower
Some days a long workout just isn’t in the cards. There’s work, happy hour, laundry and dinner to deal with, and cardio and kickboxing just don’t make the cut. Lucky for us a little secret in the fitness world, aka High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts, makes burning major calories in minimum time actually attainable. Whether you want to strengthen your core or discover some new yoga poses, these seven workouts will help you knock exercise off your to-do list before you even step in the shower.
1. Seven-Minute Morning Workout in Pyjamas: Joanna doesn’t even want you to get out of your pajamas to do this workout, so we’re obviously major fans. It’s seven exercises done in seven minutes. All you need is a set of dumbbells to get started. (via Joanna Soh)
2. 20-Minute, High-Intensity Workout: Celebrity trainer and Barry’s Bootcamp instructor Astrid Swan McGuire takes you through this 20-minute full-body workout to get your blood pumping as soon as you turn off the alarm. Find some space in your digs, grab a mat and lightweight dumbbells and you’re ready to go. (via POPSUGAR Fitness)
3. Four Total-Body Toning Moves You Can Do Anywhere: It’s a good thing you’ve just had your seven to eight hours of beauty rest because this workout is designed to keeping you moving, meaning there’s no rest between moves. Twelve reps of each move make up one round, but buckle up: You’ve got three rounds to complete before you can grab your AM coffee. (via CosmoBody)
4. Five-Minute Fat Burner: Warning: This video contains burpees. Woof. But, with over 1.6 million views, this five-move workout routine obviously scorches some major calories. All you need is a mat to get the full-effects of this full-body workout designed by one of our fave fitness stars. (via Blogilates)
5. Hump Day HIIT: We already want to be besties with Karena and Katrina. This duo makes working out in your living room feel like you’re getting a personal training session from two of the best. These ladies mix cardio with strength conditioning moves you can do without equipment in just fifteen minutes. (via Tone it Up)
6. Yoga to Wake up Your Body: Okay so this one isn’t quite a HIIT workout (and by quite, we mean not at all), but it’s still great for rising and shining. Rachel walks you through some simple yoga moves to kickstart your day for more mindfulness and balance. (via Rachel Brathen)
7. Seven-Minute Workout Series: This one is for the girl who wants it all. Get a little bit of everything including back, abs, legs and arms. If you can name it, it’s in this seven-minute, full-body workout. You’ll do each targeted move for 30 seconds and follow each with 10 seconds of rest (and no, we checked, you can’t crawl back into bed during that break). (via BeFIt)
How do you break a sweat in the AM? Tweet us your go-to workouts at @BritandCo!
(Featured image via Getty)