Snack Time with Abe’s Market + $500 Giveaway!
This post is sponsored by Abe’s Market.
1. Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew Bars ($19 for 12): Sometimes you need a little bit of chocolate with your afternoon snack. Indulge with these bars, and you’ll be getting the good stuff, too.
3. Organic Cheddar Bunnies ($5): These are a staple at Brit HQ. We couldn’t get much done without a few cheddar bunnies in the afternoon.
4. Savory Kale Snacks Sampler ($33): Please tell us you’ve tried kale chips. If not, you’re in for a treat. Especially with this flavor sampler. Sea salt and vinegar? Spicy miso? Sign us up!
5. Sesame Sugar Snap Peas: We love summer just for the fact that it’s sugar snap pea season. And this easy upgrade with just a few simple ingredients—like sesame oil—will have you snacking on them for the rest of the season. (via Brunette in Louboutins)
6. Organic Gluten Free Blueberry Nut Bar ($4): These organic bars, are the perfect thing to keep stashed in your purse, desk drawer, or glove box. They are delicious and filling, and they are gluten free and Kosher. Doesn’t get much better!
8. Chocolate Sea Salt Quinoa Clusters ($4.50): Who would have thought that quinoa—in addition to changing our weekly dinner routine—could elbow in on snack time, too? You’ll be convinced after you try these clusters that are similar to granola bars, but have the added benefit of protein from the quinoa.
10. Simple Squares Rosemary Organic Snack Bar ($30 for 12): If you’re looking for a new flavor profile, look no further the combination of rosemary, vanilla, and honey isn’t one we would expect, but we’re totally hooked.
11. Cashew Cardamom Chia Pudding: Have you tried chia seeds yet? If not, we recommend starting with this pudding recipe. Not only does make use of the way the seeds expand, it also has good s tuff like dried currants, chopped nuts, and more. (via TheKitchn)
12. Quinn Popcorn Sampler Pack ($15 for 3 boxes): Movie night will never be the same with this fresh flavors. We can’t wait to get our hands on the lemon and sea salt version.
13. Raw Avocado Lime Mousse on Rice Cakes: While you might be tempted to call this guacamole, this recipe is actually much simpler. It involves avocados, agave, and lime juice atop whole grain rice cakes. (via TheKitchn)
14. Almond Berry Nut Clusters ($3): If you can get past the clown on the box, these clusters—made with almonds, oats, and dried blueberries—are some of our favorite treats.
15. My Supersnack Chocolate Chip Granola Bites ($3): These granola bites are soft, making them just about as close to a healthy cookie as you can get.
16. Almond Butter Smoothie: Looking for a way to pump up the protein in your morning smoothie? This recipe made with bananas and almond butter is the perfect way to start the day.(via Lunch Box Bunch)
17. Superfood Cereal Sampler ($13): Let’s be honest, cereal is a great snack any time of day. But you can get bored with the options in the cereal aisle pretty quickly. These inventive flavors (Goji Cacao, anyone?) will break you out of that rut.
Make Snack Time Easier
Not only will these bags and pouches make packing a snack easier, they’ll also make it more eco-friendly. Here are a few of our favorites.
1. Chic Chevron Reusable Snack Sack ($10): This snack sack has a Velcro closure at the top and is perfect for cereal for kids, or trail mix for adults.
2. Mini Bulk Bags ($8 for 3): Next time you head to the bulk bins to stock up, skip the plastic bags in favor of these canvas bags. You can also pack pretzels, corn chips, or pita chips inside.
3. Active Sandwich Wrap ($9): Wrap up your turkey on whole wheat or your roasted veggie sandwich with this nylon pouch. The best part is, it unfolds to be a placemat while your eating.
4. Bento Box Reusable Snack Sack ($10): Fill this snack sack full of snap peas or edamame to go along with a sushi or bento lunch.
5. Lunchskins Green Pear Sandwich Bags ($27): With a three pack of these sleeves you’ll never need a plastic bag in your lunch box again.
Now for the giveaway details! You can enter to win a snack basket from Abe’s Market worth $500, just by submitting your e-mail address below.
Submitting your e-mail address also means you’ll be subscribing to the Brit + Co. newsletters and the Abe’s Market newsletter.
The giveaway will close at 11:59 pm on September 19th. The winner will be chosen at random and will be notified via e-mail. Read full contest rules and terms here.
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.