Here Are All the Ways You Can Learn Lettering
Lettering has gained a lot of interest in recent years — and for good reason! Pretty words can spruce up just about anything. And contrary to popular belief, anyone can learn how to letter (even if their handwriting isn’t the best). That’s why we’ve put together this guide so you can find the LETTERING CLASS that’s right for you.
IF YOU’VE BEEN WANTING TO LEARN CALLIGRAPHY…
2. Watercolor Calligraphy: Instructor Ashley Buzzy McHugh will teach you how to bring your calligraphy to life with watercolors. You’ll get a refresher on the basics, learn how to do a watercolor wash, ombre words, and more.
IF YOU’VE BEEN WANTING TO GO DIGITAL…
4. Intro to iPad Lettering: Molly Jacques has worked with big brands like Nike, Entertainment Weekly, and Disney Books, and she’s here to show you how to work lettering magic with your iPad and a little app called Procreate.
IF YOU’VE BEEN WANTING TO PRACTICE WITH BRUSH PENS…
5. Bounce Lettering Basics: Brittany Luiz, social media and content manager for Tombow, will teach you how to create bouncy, whimsical letters with blended colors and different stroke types. All you need is a couple of — you guessed it — Tombow pens.
7. Brush Pen Calligraphy Workshop: Pieces Calligraphy‘s Sharisse DeLeon will show you how to not only create letters, words, and phrases with basic strokes, but how also to add flourishes and embellishments to really make your work pop.
OR HECK, IF YOU’VE JUST WANTED TO LEARN A UNIQUE LETTERING STYLE…
8. Intro to Chalk Lettering: Valerie McKeehan of Lily & Val will teach you how to use chalk to create stunning layouts. You’ll learn how to use sans serif, serif, and script fonts, as well as how to add embellishments to polish off your design.
9. Vintage Sign Lettering: Annica Lydenburg, the owner of Dirty Bandits, is using her expertise to teach you how to design layouts and create incredible vintage-looking signs using combinations of sans serif and script letters.
10. Craft Your Own Lettering Style: Brittany Luiz is back to teach you how to take your lettering skills and upgrade them by creating your own unique style. You’ll learn how to write letters in four styles: script, serif, sans serif, and double-monoline and change letters by adjusting their shapes, strokes, and adding embellishments.
Brit + Co classes are yours for keeps, so watch them whenever (and as often as) you want!
Share your masterpieces with us on Instagram by tagging @BritandCo with the hashtag #iamcreative.