An all-white room can sometimes feel like a default setting — the look that happens before you go all-out with a crazy new color palette. However, the non-color look goes with everything and is guaranteed to make any space look bigger, brighter, cleaner and more modern. Obviously, a lack of color isn’t great for a fresh summer look, but a classic, monochromatic look might be just the thing to brighten up a room for fall or winter. All you need are a few colorful accessories to keep your seasons feeling fresh. Read on for 18 kitchens, bedrooms, bathrooms and living rooms that will surely inspire you to take a risk to create a dynamic white space you’ll love.
1. Boho Nest: A white couch might not be the best idea for your living room, especially if you’re a self-proclaimed wine lover. However, this room proves that all-white doesn’t necessarily mean stark modern. Accessorize with natural textures like leather, rattan and fur for a boho-chic vibe. (via Adore Magazine)
2. Minimal Bedding: When in doubt, add a houseplant. To keep the clean look feeling fresh, layer up an all-white bedroom with textures and a white nightstand. Throw in a fur rug and gold lamps for a little extra depth to make it cozy. (via Domino)
3. Clean Eating: All you need is a rug to turn a white breakfast nook into a stylish space. Borrowing from boho, this bright and cheery breakfast nook also plays up a minimalist vibe with its white and pink decor. (via A Beautiful Mess)
6. Gallery Heaven: Just because you’re forgoing color doesn’t mean your gallery wall has to be beige and boring. Switch things up with a combination of modern art, black and white photography and nature-inspired prints for an art collection that begs for attention. (via Fantastic Frank)
7. Dash of Blue: Don’t you just love the unique shelving in this bright kitchen? Technically, this space isn’t an all-white kitchen, but the high white walls, white cabinets and white subway backsplash make this room extra contemporary in a great way. (via Inside Out)
8. Statement Leaves: Let nature do the talking. Wood is essentially a neutral, so a mismatched table and chair combo is a great way to soften up any room. The statement leaves on this table beautifully blend natural elements with white walls. (via Domino)
9. Shades of White: Warm white walls and simple white shelves create the perfect backdrop for these stylish #shelfies. Paired with texture-rich white accessories, like fur and a cable-knit pouf, this space embraces a variety of luxurious whites. (via Style Me Pretty)
11. Scandinavian Style: This minimalist bedroom is immaculate, and the addition of natural wood and pillows give just the right amount of organic detail to this Scandi-inspired space. Blush pink, soft grays and neutral textures turn a white room into a serene sanctuary. (via Avenue)
13. Wood Accents: Though colorful cabinets are usually a win, there’s something to be said for the light and bright look of an all-white kitchen. The walls and cabinets add structure to the wood countertops and floors. (via Homepolish)
14. IKEA Chic: Oh hey, IKEA — almost didn’t notice you there, looking so stylish. The white bedding, lamp, nightstand and fur rug come together for an effortlessly cool effect in this bedroom. (via The Everygirl)
15. Modern Touch: Plenty of natural light makes this monochromatic dining area feel warm without a speck of color. Black and white artwork, dishes and a striped planter add personality and give a great example of how to keep a space monochrome without sacrificing texture. (via Inside Out)
17. Touch of Gold: Gold and white go together like PB+J. It’s a timeless look for a kitchen that’s easily accessorized with wood cutting boards, statement pendants and chic bar stools. Craving color? Bring in a set of dish towels for an instant makeover. (via Decoholic)
18. Beachy Bedroom: Just because it’s not summer doesn’t mean you should bid adieu to your happy place. White frothy surf tones and blue accents come together here to create a cozy bedroom during the frostier months. (via Adore Magazine)
Are you brave enough to try a mostly white room? Follow us on Pinterest for more decorating inspiration and other color palette ideas.