While we love color just as much as the next person — from modern wall clocks to bright fall coats and everything in between — sometimes life gets a little crazy, and the best thing you can do is take a stab at calming things down. If you’re taking the less-is-more approach to home decor or personal style, these 11 black and white pieces are ideal additions to your life.
1. Swell Made Co. Pizza and Pasta Art Prints ($44): Minimalist and hilarious are the perfect combination. These pretty prints make a brilliant addition to any kitchen decor. Just imagine them hanging next to your sink, making you giggle every time you do the dishes.
2. Idieh Design Heart Trucker Hat ($25): If you’re having a bad hair day, just don’t feel like putting in the effort of a ‘do or want to add a hat to your ensemble, this heart-sporting trucker hat is for you. Its adjustable back ensures that it’ll be a perfect fit every time.
3. Rebecca Minkoff DIY Fringe Clutch Kit ($79): Talk about minimal chic. This kit, crafted by the beautiful and talented Rebecca Minkoff, will not only furnish you with one of the prettiest clutches you’ve ever owned — guaranteed — but one that you also made with your very own two hands.
4. Bando Black and White Twist Scarf ($20): The best part about this black and white beauty is its versatility. It’s a headband, scarf, belt and bracelet all in one! You’re just a couple of knots and twists away from however you want to wear it.
5. Brit+Co Hand-Stamped Pillow Cover Kit ($30): Add some glam to your furniture with these ultra chic and fabulously hand-stamped pillow covers. This kit sets you up with all the essentials you need to jazz up your decor game, DIY-style.
6. Poketo I Can and I Will Double-Sided Notebook ($6): If you ever get lost in a sea of thoughts and ideas, or difficulties and challenges, this double-sided notebook is the anecdote you need. Whether you’re worried that you lack the motivation or the ability to tackle whatever is on your mind, this little guy will remind you that it’s already within you.
7. Seletti North America Ltd. Pantone Metal Storage Box ($22): If one of the ways you’re approaching the less-is-more idea is by reducing clutter, this Pantone storage box is where it’s at. You don’t even have to bother with organizing things — just dump them in the tin and everything will be out of sight and out of mind.
8. Printed Village Black Happy Hat ($18): This super warm knit hat is the coziest way to sport a little minimalism. The pattern adds fun texture to an all-black ensemble.
9. Future Glory Walking Rock Tote ($225): If you want to invest in a tote that will never go out of style, this one is it. It’s super roomy, making it endlessly useful, while its classic black and white pattern makes it a timeless style staple.
10. Shaughnessy White Marble iPhone Case ($30): If you’ve got a colorful phone and are sort of over its bright hues, slap this phone case on and all your problems are solved. It’ll transform any iPhone into a marble-y masterpiece.
11. Wild and Wolf Adventure Food Flask ($27): If your adventure style is intense and complicated (think giant hikes or big surf trips), keep it balanced by sporting accessories like this food flask along the way.
What are your classic essentials? Tell us about ’em on Twitter @BritandCo!