9 Easy and Adorable Alphabet Nursery Decor Ideas
Even though your newborn isn’t all about the ABCs just yet, decorating their nursery with the alphabet couldn’t be easier — plus it’ll never go out of style. But before you start stenciling your child’s name across the walls, consider something that’s a little less permanent. Whether your baby’s room is covered with duckies and bunnies, has a classic feel, or is an eclectic mix of artsy pieces, these alphabet nursery decor ideas add accents in a sweet (and temporary) way. And bonus, they’re educational! At least they will be someday.
1. Pottery Barn Kids Mirrored Wall Letters($99+): Add a little shimmer to your kiddo’s nursery with this sleek option. The mirrored style elevates this version beyond plain ol’ letters and reflects the natural light streaming into the room.
2. Alaska Rug Company Rope Letters ($4+): Dress up a sailing theme with rope letters that can be customized by size and color. Even if the nursery isn’t exactly nautical, these will fit into a rustic room or can simply add texture to a plain wall.
3. Crate & Barrel Animal Alphabet Wall Decals ($39): If you don’t want to permanently paint on the walls, these animal alphabet decals are a risk-free solution. With just one animal per letter, this decoration is more creative than overly cutesy.
4. Anthropologie Ice Crackle Monogram ($28): The mango wood and resin monogram can be hung on the wall or displayed on your baby’s dresser. Its rustic look will add a touch of whimsy *and* sophistication.
5. Takefuns Large Wall Letters ($8): When simplicity is what you’re after, these letters fit the bill. Spell your baby’s name, write out a sweet message, or just go with an ABC accent. Since they’re white, they’ll match any room decor, but they can also easily be painted for extra flair.
6. Functional Sculpture Metal Wall Art Metal Letters ($27+): Mix and match different colors and sizes of these patina metal letters to make a bold, distinct statement. Create a simple monotone look or opt for something more quirky and eclectic.
7. Pottery Barn Kids Personalized Acrylic Letters ($79): If you and your S.O. aren’t the most artistic, you might not want to take a chance stenciling your child’s name on the wall. Instead, just order their name in this colorful acrylic cursive for an easy, foolproof option.
8. Modern Tots Giant Wooden Letters ($50): At 48″ tall, these oversized letters will surely make an impact. They can be hung up on the wall and are also sturdy enough to stand on their own.
9. Generic Distressed White Alphabet Decor ($48): You can’t go wrong with this distressed wood pick that would be at home on a dresser or shelf if you don’t feel like hanging it up. And it works equally well in a nursery that’s classic or shabby chic.
What’s your favorite nursery decor? Share your pick and tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.