Animal print will forever be a classic in our eyes, but trust us when we say there’s a right and a wrong way to do it. Trying to pull off a look that reads more trendy than trashy can be a little tough. From mixing prints with metallic touches to topping them off with a matte polish, the funky nail art ideas below are all you’ll need for inspiration.
1. Mixing Patterns: Mixing and matching animal prints is a playful way to add color to the trend.
2. Fun Sayings: Logos or phrases will bring an unexpected detail to your style.
3. Monochromatic: Looking to keep things coordinated? Stick with one color palette and go all in with those shades.
4. Two Accent Nails: Opt for more than one accent nail if you see a trend that’s too good to pass up.
5. Leopard Print: Pair your funky leopard print with a neutral tone to make your design the center of attention.
6. Matte Topcoat: From liquid lipsticks to nail polish, matte is in. Mix it up with different patterns for extra oomph.
7. Not the Whole Nail: Sometimes the best looks are left unfinished.
8. Underneath the Nail: If you want to try an animal print but don’t want it to be too overwhelming, channel Louboutin and rock your design underneath.
9. Metallic Touch: No matter what color you choose to paint your digits, adding a touch of glitter amps up the look that much more.
10. Neon Vibes: If you’re sporting a wacky print, feel free to take it a step further and pair it with neon polish.
Tweet us your favorite nail art designs @BritandCo!