Apple Bagelwiches: The Perfect Fall Snack
If you know me, you know that I absolutely ADORE apples…Fuji apples, to be specific. I literally eat one almost every day. (I’m the weirdo at the grocery store who buys about 15 at once. But, have I had to go to the doctor lately? Nope. The adage must be true.) Most often, I add a spoonful of peanut butter on the side for some added protein. This is a very common snack, right? Right.
But today, I decided to add a little twist to my everyday delight by transforming my boring apple slices into something more interesting: apple bagelwiches. I even used aspic cutters to make them more beautiful. The end result was delicious (and fun!).
- Apples (whatever kind you like)
- Aspic cutters (optional)
- Peanut butter
Here’s the how-to:
- Use an apple corer to remove the core from your apple.
- Slice the apple into thin pieces.
- Optional: Use your preference of aspic cutter to cut out fun shapes from the center. I used a flower shape and a star. (Note: You could stop at this point and still have a creative snack!)
- Spread peanut butter around the edge of one side of an apple slice. I used creamy but I think crunchy would work. Creamy vs. Crunchy is like Pepsi vs. Coke, so I’m not even going to try and tell you what to do here.
- Add granola (or any yummy topping) on top of the peanut butter. I used a nutty granola – make sure your granola isn’t the clumpy kind or else it may not work out too well.
- Cover with another apple slice, and enjoy!
I could easily bite all the way through to enjoy both slices of apple as well as the peanut butter. It made my snack time today much more enjoyable.
I hope you try this out as well. Let me know if you use any different ingredients — the possibilities are endless!
Hi, I'm Brit, the founder and CEO of Brit + Co. I'm a young mom of two, tech nerd and design-inclined lady who has a zillion hobbies and curious about... just about everything! My mission from the beginning has been to unlock women's creativity and courage to try new things so that they can find the path to their true passions.