12 Essentials for Beating April Showers
We’ve all heard it before: April showers bring May flowers. But just because flowers are awesome doesn’t mean we have to have the same affinity for the showers that produce them. Rainy days stuck at home can be a bummer, but with these 12 rainy day essentials, it’ll at least be a lot easier to try to have fun. You might even find yourself wishing for a rain shower — and the rainbow to follow! — before you know it.
1. Bando After This We’re Getting Pizza Water Bottle ($20): When it’s rainy outside, there’s no need to sacrifice your fitness goals. You can still hit the gym and take this hilarious (yet, incredibly true) gem of a water bottle with ya.
2. Saffron and Kumquats Mulled Wine and Cider Kit ($20): If it’s rainy, it’s probably a little chilly outside, which is the ideal occasion for making your very own mulled wine and cider courtesy of this fabulous DIY kit.
3. Trendy Sparrow Make Craft Create Mug ($17): Speaking of warm drinks, once you’ve got your chilly weather libations all ready to go, you’ll need something equally awesome to drink them out of, like this mug that was literally made for makers.
4. Rifle Paper Co. Polka Dot Recipe Box and Cards ($34): Whether you’re tidying up your mess of recipe cards or hunting down new recipes while you’re stuck inside, this coordinated box and card set is just what you need to get the job done.
5. Jumping Jack Jack Mom Life Sweatshirt ($34): If you’re spending your rainy days with Netflix on repeat, this comfy pullover is the only companion you need. Maybe some chocolate too…
6. Acme Party Box Co. Gourmet Camping Utensil Set ($19): When your camping plans get rained out, don’t worry! All you need is this camp-ready utensil set to have an outdoorsy dinner right at home.
7. Idieh Design Stenciled Tee and Tote Kit ($39): If the maker mood strikes while April showers have you cooped up indoors, give this two-for-one maker combo a go — you’ll get your very own DIY tote and tee out of it.
8. Crosley Cruiser Portable Turntable in Chalkboard ($99): If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em. Play some bluesy music, drink some red wine and sulk if you’d like for a day — it’s good for the soul.
9. Brit + Co DIY Nail Art Kit ($44): After you’ve finished sulking, tackle taking your nail art game to the next level and say good bye to simple monochromatic designs forever.
10. Brit + Co Watercolor Sketchbook Kit ($29): If you’ve always dreamed of crafting a watercolor masterpiece of your very own, this kit has everything you need to get off the ground and live the painterly life you’ve been lusting after.
11. Brit + Co Embroidered Pouch Kit ($22): Store pens, makeup or spare change in this beauty that you get to embroider with whatever design strikes your fancy — the possibilities are as endless as your imagination.
12. Loome Pom Pom Kit ($25): Whether you simply love the whimsical wonder that is pom poms or you’ve got grander DIY projects on the horizon, this kit is a maker’s dream.
What do you rely on to get through April showers? Tell us about it on Twitter @BritandCo!