21 Colorful Rainy Day Style Essentials
While you can’t put a stop to April showers, you can start dressing the part (frumpy sweats and wet hair just aren’t going to cut it). A stylish rainy day hairstyle, an uber-chic trench coat, some quirky wellies and an umbrella will keep you dry and lookin’ fly. The other way to turn a rainy day upside down? Lots of COLOR! When your timeless but slightly snoozy khaki trench reads meh, take it there with a scene-stealing rubber ducky yellow rain topper that demands attention. Scroll down for 21 waterproof clothes and accessories that are more than deserving of a spot in your spring capsule wardrobe.
1. ASOS Rain Trench in Abstract Print ($77): Rainy days are only as dreary as you make them out to be. Whether you’re participating in an upcoming Color Run or have a slew of outdoor spring events up your sleeve, this stunning abstract print trench won’t disappoint.
2. Equipment Boven Silk Parka ($398): We’re color crushing hard on this turquoise utilitarian parka that’s perfect for the girl on the go. Toss it over cropped flares when running errands, or pair it with a chambray shirt-dress and patent rain boots for a rainy date night.
3. Joules Printed Rain Boots ($75): Wear these preppy striped rain boots, and May blooms surely won’t be too far behind. They’re so cute that you could totally wear them for a spring wedding or Sunday brunch without breaking any dress codes.
4. Garage Military Rain Poncho ($70): Equal parts stylish and functional, this military green rain poncho is practically a hero piece in disguise. It’ll save you from any potential downpours during your morning commute and add a little extra somethin’ somethin’ to your festival-going attire, consisting of denim cutoffs and combat boots.
5. Hunter Original Bubble Umbrella ($55): Keep inclement weather at bay with this see-through bubble umbrella that will make you want to go singing in the rain. Team it with a colorful rain jacket and matching powder blue rain boots for the ultimate rainy day getup.
6. Kate Spade Umbrella iPhone 6 Case ($45): Show off your tech-savvy side with this cheeky iPhone case that will keep your texting game on-point even during monsoon season. Bonus points if you can find a pink and red striped umbrella to match!
7. Juju x Kigu Duck Short Wellies ($72): These short duck wellies were made for jumping in puddles and dancing in the rain. For a rainy day photo shoot, style them with a dainty white eyelet dress and your signature trench.
8. Boohoo Plus Size Holographic Rain Coat ($51): So much YAS. You will straight-up slay in this holographic lilac rain coat that can be spotted a mile away. Not just restricted to rainy days, it could also be worn for a techno concert or during festival season.
9. L. Erickson Narrow Knot Turban Headband ($48): Say buh-bye to frizzy hair with this Blair Waldorf-inspired turban headband that will dress up any rainy day #OOTD just like that. Major bonus: The punchy watercolor-esque print will lift you up even when you’re feeling blue.
10. Loeffler Randall Rain Fenton ($195): Calling all minimalist enthusiasts! These cool girl-approved black rain booties — complete with snazzy gold buckles, no less! — will fit right in with your all-black-or-nothing aesthetic. Pair ‘em with black high-waisted jeans or slip them on alongside a floral print maxi for a look that reads boho-rocker babe.
11. American Apparel Duckhead Auto Open Umbrella ($24): Because everyone can use a sense of humor on a rainy day. Spread instant cheer wherever you go with this pink umbrella featuring a playful duck head handle.
12. The Handbag Raincoat Large Slicker Handbag Raincoat ($30): We kid you not: Raincoats for your handbags do exist. Use one of these transparent vinyl toppers to keep your leather goods safe from the elements and out of harm’s way.
13. Forever 21 Lace-Up Floral Rain Boots ($18): Rainy day conundrums simply don’t exist when you have of pair of lace-up stompers this springy on standby. The ultra-femme floral print will add a tough-girl ‘tude to any lace dress or accordion pleat skirt.
14. BDG Glossy Swing Raincoat ($89): Oh, this old thang? This glossy pink coat with a fleece-lined hood is all sorts of downtown chic. Style it with a pair of high-performance leggings and some monochromatic sneakers for an athleisure look that doesn’t mess around.
15. H&M Hairband With Knot ($7): Running late on a rainy day? Accessorize a messy top knot with this effortlessly chic striped headband that can be styled with zero effort.
16. Tory Burch Rain Waterproof Satchel ($295): Add a punch of color to your uniform of jeans and rainy day flats à la this attention-grabbing satchel in a smokin’ red-orange hue. Did we mention that it’s waterproof? Oh yeah.
17. Petit Bateau Women’s Water-Repellent Raincoat ($205): This iconic yellow rain coat will practically serve as a ray of sunshine on a downcast day. Between the nautical striped liner and versatile hood, you can’t go wrong.
18. Kate Spade Rain Check? Umbrella ($38): Fact: Every fashion girl needs a punny umbrella that will inevitably put a smirk on your face. Don your Sunday best, and make the most of April showers with this cheeky umbrella that will have you crossing your fingers for more rainy days.
19. Pixie Market Belted Trench Coat ($369): Channel your inner Alexa Chung in this belted ladylike trench that’s Parisian chic at its best. Just think how flawless it’ll look styled with an LBD and lace-up ghillies — rain or shine.
20. Without Walls Seersucker Track Jacket ($119): Enter the quintessential spring track jacket that will keep you dry from the elements, even when you’re working up a sweat. The cropped fit and pretty colorblock design can go beyond the gym — just throw on some faux leather joggers, and hit the town.
21. Madewell Parcel Trench Coat in Breakstripe ($198): When in doubt — go for the sailor stripes! Usher in spring with this streamlined and sophisticated trench that will take you from desk to drinks. It’s that foolproof.
Which of these rainy day essentials will you be investing in this spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more rainy day outfit inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.