Our lives are more connected than ever. We wear dainty rings packed with big data and support Kickstarter campaigns for smart deodorants (yep, it’s true!). There is even a pillow that lets long-distance lovers listen to one another’s heartbeat from miles away. Everything we own and wear has the capacity to be smart and connected, so it’s no surprise that there is already a new generation of products on the market to help us look after our next generation. Check out these baby monitors, which offer parents-to-be new ways to connect with their babies like never before.
1. Owlet Smart Sock ($250): The Owlet Smart Sock is a monitor that measures your baby’s heart rate and oxygen levels as she sleeps and sends the data to your smartphone via Bluetooth or over WiFi. And, yes, you can wash it too. Just remove the embedded sensor and wash the hypoallergenic sock separately.
2. Withings Smart Baby Monitor ($200): This high-resolution video monitor allows parents to keep track of everything from the temperature and humidity in their baby’s room to the noises and motions their little bundle of joy makes when sleeping.
3. The LorexBaby Little Link ($120): This portable HD Wi-Fi video baby monitor offers parents the ability to track their little tyke on their smartphone or tablet from anywhere in the world. This monitor even has a two-way talk feature that allows you to talk to your tot whenever, from wherever.
4. Motorola MBP36S Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor ($240): With a large, three and a half inch screen, multiple camera views and infrared night vision, you can keep an eye on junior in even the lowest light levels.
5. Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor ($100): The Snuza is not your average baby monitor. It’s actually a flexible sensor that clips onto the waistband of your baby’s diaper to detect your baby’s tummy movement for any slight irregularities in breathing. How’s that for peace of mind?
6. Mimo Smart Baby Monitor ($200): The Mimo Smart Baby Monitor allows parents to hear their baby’s coos and cries whether they are across the room or across the world. It provides new parents with everything they would want to know about their little one: sleep activity, respiration, body position, skin temperature and more.
7. Samsung SmartCam HD Pro 1080p ($190): Keep an eye on your baby and your home with the Samsung SmartCam. Simply download the free SmartCam app and set up motion and audio alerts so you don’t miss a thing.
8. Cloud Baby Monitor ($4-$7): The Cloud Baby Monitor can turn your Apple products into a secure video baby monitor. Not only does it offer a music library of lullabies to gently rock junior to sleep, but it also allows both parents to watch over baby at the same time from two different devices and talk to baby independently.
9. Philips Avent Digital Video Baby Monitor ($130): This video baby monitor features a self-activating screen that switches on when your little one starts crying and allows you to remotely select lullabies to soothe your baby back to sleep.
10. Summer Infant Baby Zoom WiFi Video Monitor ($207): Keep baby in view with the Summer Infant Baby Zoom video monitor. The monitor even allows parents to share access with loved ones, so everyone can get in on the baby-viewing action.
11. MonBaby ($119): This button-sized baby monitor snaps onto your child’s clothing to track and send baby’s breathing rate, movement level and sleep position straight to your smartphone.
12. iBaby Monitor M6 ($200): Yes, Apple makes a baby monitor. And, yes, it can connect with your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to help you capture your baby’s activity in crystal-clear HD. Plus, you can share your bundle of joy with the world by using the monitor’s integrated social media platforms.
13. Sproutling Baby Monitor ($259): We’re already big fans of this widdle wearable over here at Brit + Co. This three-part system features a wearable band for your baby, a smart charger and a mobile app that work together to monitor and predict your baby’s sleep habits.
14. HD WiFi Baby Camera ($180): Monitoring your baby is super easy with the HD WiFi Baby Camera. All you need to do is install, place in your baby’s crib and start monitoring. While you’re at it, feel free to snap pictures and videos of your tiny tyke to instantly save and share with friends and family.
15. Angelcare AC 1200 ($270): This video baby monitor is equipped with an under-the-mattress sensor pad that will sound an alarm if your baby stops moving for more than 20 seconds. Another cool feature is that it allows up to four people to connect to it from anywhere in the world.
What do you think of the baby-tech boom? How do you think technology has changed the way parents connect with their newborns? Let us know in the comments!