It’s just like the old saying goes, “New Year, New You, New ‘do.” Or is that just something we say in our beauty meetings? Either way, we can all agree that there is no time like 2017 to mix up your style and officially hit refresh. Though we can always turn to the red carpet for a little inspo on the best haircuts to try in the new year, we prefer instead to ask one of our favorite tastemakers for her take on trendsetting hair. Enter Amber Fillerup Clark of Barefoot Blonde. Who better to give us a push in the right direction than a woman who manages to make a life filled with travel, children and style look totally effortless. So sit back, relax and scroll through the top five hair trends that Amber predicts will be on your radar this year. Who knows… maybe it will even inspire you to take a trip to the salon!
1. Side Part and Smooth Hair: Channel a bit of Old Hollywood magic with this sleek combo. The key to this style is that it provides a high impact with little to no effort. “This look has been everywhere from the red carpet to the runway and I love how chic it is. It could go with a cool leather jacket or a nice dress for a night out,” says Amber. (Photo via Victor Boyko/Getty)
2. Combed-Back Strands: Instantly add a much-needed dose of drama to your day (or night) with this simple twist on everyday hair. “I’m obsessed with this look! I love that it shows off your face and collar bones without having to have it up in a pony. I would wear this style with bold makeup for a date night.” (Photo via C. Flanigan/Getty)
3. Rose Gold Lowlights: “Rose gold has been everywhere and I think it such a flattering color on so many skin tones. People steer clear of warmth but it is generally more flattering.” Rose gold was all the rage in 2016, so it is no surprise to see this trend carry through to the new year. (Photo via HotonBeauty)
4. Bardot Inspired Hair: Yes. Yes. YASS!!! We can’t get enough of the deconstructed doo-wop vibes of this style. “This style has always been a favorite of mine!! I especially loved how the Anna Sui show took an exaggerated take on this look — it was fabulous. I wear this look anywhere!” We couldn’t agree more, Amber. (Photo via Victor VIRGILE/Gamma-Rapho/Getty)
5. Bangs + Lob Haircut: The modern shaggy lob is legit on the rise and it is easy to see why. The French-girl-meets-lazy-girl style is equal parts sexy and laid back. According to Amber, this style isn’t going anywhere. “This is for sure one of my favorite hairstyles that we have been seeing on a lot of celebrities. Love the bangs, layers in front and the lob length!” (Photo via Getty)
Want more hairinspo? Check us out on Pinterest!