For many of us, 2016 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
New year, new you — new ‘do? A fresh cut is a fabulous way to start the new year off right! Plus, if you book an appointment now, you can be the first of your friends to get scissor happy. Changing it up doesn’t have to be drastic to be fabulously refreshing — although we totally support that. You can easily transform your lob with a few layers or take on a chic bang. Looking for inspo before you hit the salon? Keep scrolling for 10 cuts you can rock in 2017.
1. Blunt Bangs: We all went bananas when Karlie Kloss unveiled her blunt bangs (some might say it was inspired by her BFF, T. Swift). Sadly, it was just a wig, but we really hope she takes the plunge for real in 2017. The good news is, you can do it RN and 20 bucks says you’ll look DDG.
2. Bowl Cut: A modern bowl cut is right on trend and is the mark of a gal with major confidence. Edge it up with a bold color, like this haute red hue. Here’s to making a statement with your strands in 2017!
3. Sleek Crop: Great for gals with straight strands, this single length style (AKA a blunt bob) looks super chic. Such a clean cut lends itself to a variety of playful color combos. Embrace your natural color or shake things up with an ombre look.
4. Tousled Lob: Lucy Hale slays with this loose, tousled lob, and you can too. If you’re blessed with natural waves, simply spritz in a little salt spray to amp up your texture. Alternatively, if your tresses are pin straight, you can use a wand to create movement.
5. Eye-Grazing Bangs: Hesitant to go blunt with your bangs? Why not ease into it with wispy fringe? Ask your stylist to snip tiny strands so they hit right at the eye, à la Alessandra Ambrosio. They’re super easy to style and you can pin them back when you’re putting in your hours at the gym (hey, New Year’s resolutions aren’t gonna keep themselves).
6. Pixie: 2017 is your year to be fierce, so dive in with a bold pixie cut. With this low-maintenence, wash-and-go look, you’ll have more time for slaying at your HBIC game. Just be prepared to schedule an appointment for a trim every four to six weeks to avoid slipping into mullet territory.
7. Deep Side Part: Okay, so you can prob achieve this look without any snip-snipping, but it’s just as statement-making as a fresh cut. Switching up the way you part your hair is a great way to add drama to your ‘do without getting a drastic chop. Slick back the rest of your locks for a style that’s equal parts polished and edgy, or pull hair back for a haute look that’s done in a snap.
8. Mermaid Waves: The latest iteration of beachy waves has more mermaid vibes than ever (and we def approve). Looking to add a little dimension to your lengthy locks? Ask your stylist for balayage highlights and bask in the sun-kissed warmth.
9. Laid-Back Shag: In 2017, it’ll be all about undone ‘dos. The messier, the better. The shag was a top trend in 2016, and we’re happy to report it’s not going anywhere. This versatile, low-maintenance cut works on all hair textures and lengths, giving your new look a super chill vibe.
10. Lovely Layers: Kick your cut up to the next level, à la Hailey Baldwin. Layers give this mid-length style lots of movement and texture. Brighten it up with some face-framing highlights and you’re ready to rock this year.
For more hair inspo, follow us on Pinterest!