The Best Barn Venues for Your Rustic Chic Wedding
Full of character and charm without too much fuss, countryside weddings are the kind that marry elegance and ease perfectly. And with the rustic trend taking the nuptials world by storm, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t want your *dream* rustic wedding at an oh-so-chic barn. There’s something truly magical about a weathered barn set among rolling hills and century-old trees. If you’re already pinning lots of rural-inspired wedding images, one of these barn wedding venues might just be what you and your love are looking for. Scroll on for major barn-chic inspo, and get ready to start planning your signature cocktails and that perfect color palette around these whimsical spots.
1. White Sparrow Barn: We’re not lying when we say this is one of the most beautiful vintage barns we’ve ever seen for a wedding. Ever. You can rest assure that your wedding photos at this stunning whitewashed Union Valley, Texas barn venue will be treasured for generations. (via Becca Lea / Southern Weddings)
2. The Peace Barn: With those mountains as your backdrop, you two won’t need much more than touches of loose florals and a soft, boho dress for your special day. Getting married beneath the canopy of these huge trees just 30 miles up the coast from San Francisco will be like a dream come true. (via Jesse Leake / Snippet & Ink)
3. Desert Foothills Barn: If you’re dreaming of a beautiful Arizona sunset as the backdrop to your rustic Scottsdale wedding, you’ll want to check out this unique venue. Wedding guests will be in awe when they arrive and get a true taste of the Southwest. (via Melissa Schollaert Photography / Style Me Pretty)
4. Coquelicot Vineyard: This wine country venue embodies all that is beautiful about countryside weddings. With a dash of casual and a smidge of fun, you and your S.O. will have the time of your lives — all while sipping on your favorite cocktails, since this relaxed barn lets you bring your own hard liquor. (via Mark Brooke Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. Fat Cat Farm: A wedding on this rustic yet elegant farm is about as good as it gets. Full of Southern charm and summery touches, this Charlottesville, Virginia venue will elevate your party to a relaxed new level. (via Jen Fariello Photography / Style Me Pretty)
6. Dos Pueblos Ranch: This charming barn is the ideal spot whether you’re thinking of an intimate soiree or a big celebration. Just keep in mind that each area of the property must be rented separately, and you’ll be in charge of pulling together all the elements — from decor to seating and catering — to make your big day a reality. (via Pat Moyer Photography / Style Me Pretty)
7. The Valley Club: If your style is more sophisticated classic with hints of countryside charm, this private club in Sun Valley, Idaho will get you that perfect combination you’re after for your big day. Complete with mountain views and an epic dance party, your nuptials will be pure perfection. (via Pat Moyer Photography / Style Me Pretty)
8. Durham Ranch: With 33-foot ceilings and glass roll-up doors, this modern barn in the heart of Napa Valley is certainly a masterpiece. It has a chic ceremony space that will give you just the right amount of clean, natural architecture with a bit of privacy, thanks to the wall of lush oak trees. (via Wedding Spot)
9. Hammersky Vineyards: Just a few hours north of Los Angeles, this rustic-chic 107-year-old farmhouse with 50 acres of vineyard views will add a New England flair to your West Coast wedding. Instead of walking down the aisle, set your ceremony in its century-old grove of olive trees. (via For the Love of It / Inspired by This)
10. Sweet Meadow Farms: Sweetly Southern, this charming Georgia-based venue will be calling your name in no time. The design is so pretty and so simple, it’ll give you the chance to show off and allow your own style to shine through, whether you choose an indoor reception or long tables on the yard. (via Ben and Colleen / The Venue Report)
11. Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards: Set on a vineyard in Central Virginia, this gorgeous spot is historically charming while still being modern and marvelous. Plus, they offer fully stocked bars with an on-site mixologist to make you and your love’s favorite cocktails. (via Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards)
12. Hidden Vineyard Barn: Get ready to throw on your dancing boots and host one heck of a party for your spring wedding at this “hidden” gem. Located 90 minutes from Chicago, this restored barn has the second largest catalpa tree in Michigan and makes for a wonderful outdoor ceremony site. (via The Venue Report)
13. Greengate Ranch & Vineyards: In true California coastal style, this vintage barn has the most breathtaking views of the rolling hills and verdant vineyard while still giving your guests relaxing vibes. After you say your vows under its fabulous walnut tree, start the festivities in the courtyard with cocktail in hand. (via Greengate Ranch & Vineyards)
14. Fearrington Barn: Located on a historic dairy farm near Chapel Hill, North Carolina, this Southern gem offers whimsical grounds that allow for garden ceremonies year-round, followed by a big barn bash. Plus, their five-star, five-diamond catering will leave your guests seriously impressed. (via Krystal Kast Photographers / Fab Your Bliss)
15. The Barn at Green Valley: It’s not often that a beautiful new barn venue pops up in Napa Valley, but this super cute spot with rolling vineyards will be nothing short of sheer perfection for your nuptials. And those dripping lilacs? So beautiful! Your guests will feel as if they’re in the French countryside. (via The Venue Report)
16. The Windmill Winery: With its blend of rural authenticity and subtle elegance, this unique wedding venue in Arizona will make you swoon. It provides lush greenery, mountain views and total comfort for you and your partner in crime to feel right at home. (via Lear Miller Photography / The Venue Report)
17. Bloom Lake Barn: Set in the picturesque St. Croix Valley, this wooden barn will add a country charm to your wedding, with its rustic beams and high-top tables built from milking stanchions. And it’s just a short 40-mile drive from the Twin Cities, so your out-of-town guests can find plenty to do in the area. (via Bloom Lake Barn)
18. Blue Dress Barn: Dance the night away under a vast open timber roof at Michigan’s Blue Dress Bar. With two second-story decks overlooking the gardens and fields, it offers you and your guests the loveliest personalized gathering. (via The Knot)
19. Hayloft on the Arch: The hills, valleys and woodlands of this Vernon Center, New York venue create the ideal backdrop for a once-in-a-lifetime event. The exposed beams and lofted ceiling give you plenty of room to string bistro lights throughout the entire barn. (via Hayloft on the Arch)
20. Overlook Barn: If you want a breathtaking view as the backdrop for your ceremony or reception, this gorgeous barn in Banner Elk, North Carolina, located at the top of Beech Mountain, is the perfect spot for you. The two acres of meadow surrounding the barn provide plenty of room to explore — and pose for wedding photos. (via Michelle Lyerly Photography / The Venue Report)
21. Wildberry Farm: This romantic haven is a countryside daydream for the ultimate Southern couple. Feel free to let loose, turn up the music and create a night full of extraordinary memories in this climate-controlled indoor and outdoor covered space. (via Pasha Belman / The Venue Report)
22. Five Oaks Farm: You know what they say — everything is bigger in Texas. Go all out for your big day at this grand and glamorous farm venue. You and your guests will be surrounded by oak trees, beautiful sunsets and an antique windmill that will pair so well with your vintage-themed wedding. (via Five Oaks Farm)
23. The Century Barn: Give your wedding guests a warm welcome at this lovely rustic barn. It’s surrounded by more than 200 acres in the small town of Mt. Horeb, Wisconsin — ideal for your outdoorsy celebration. Plus, imagine the scent of the hops gardens wafting through the air, perfuming your ceremony and sparking your reception. (via Dani Stephenson Photography / The Venue Report)
Did you see a location on our list that caught your eye? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding inspo.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!