20 Inspiring Ideas for a Rustic, Romantic Wedding
Packed full of shabby chic, vintage, western and bohemian details, rustic weddings promise tons of natural beauty, plus an easy-going, down-home vibe all of your guests are sure to love. And with rustic weddings trending big time, it’s easier than ever to add natural flair to your centerpieces, flowers, hairstyles and more. Need help gathering inspiration? We’ve rounded up 20 uniquely beautiful ideas that will help get the wheels turning. Check them out, and start planning the romantic, rustic wedding of your dreams!
1. Wood + Wheat Invitation: Get ready for the yeses to start rolling in once guests lay their eyes upon wood and wheat inspired invitations that beautifully introduce your theme right from the start. (via Project Wedding)
2. Willow Arbor: Transform a pasture or other open space into your dream venue with the addition of a tunnel-like willow arbor and vase-topped tree stumps. We especially love the way the oranges and greens add pretty pops of color all along the aisle. (via Brit + Co)
4. Antler Necklace ($36): Still searching for the perfect finishing touch to your bridal look? This versatile antler necklace is just as beautiful paired with a wedding gown or your favorite jeans long after the big day has come and gone.
7. Flower Crown: Gorgeous, feminine and totally trendy, flower crowns are hot stuff in the world of weddings right now. Want to get the look yourself? Our fun DIY makes it an absolute cinch. (via Brit + Co)
9. Bird’s Nest Boutonnieres: These bird’s nest accents sure are awesome, but why stop there? Work with your florist and wedding planner to carry the theme over into your bouquet and decor elements as well. (via From Hello to Hitched)
10. Wooden Pixel Sign: When it comes to dreaming up creative wedding ideas, no one does it better than our own Brit Morin! This tech-inspired wooden sign offers a unique twist that’s way cooler than the traditional flower girl basket. (via Brit + Co)
11. Wine Barrels: Whether you’re getting married at a vineyard or just want to add a few wine-themed elements to your day, barrels make ideal cocktail tables, ceremony backdrops, flower stands or bar displays. (via Tied Bow Inspiration)
13. Book, Succulent + Chalkboard Centerpiece: From the vintage books and mini succulents to the tiny chalkboards and simple sprigs of baby’s breath, this centerpiece delivers rustic beauty at its best. (via Heart. Love. Weddings.)
15. Wooden Doors: Even coastal weddings can have a rustic edge, as seen here at this stunning seaside affair. Not getting married by the shore? Wooden aisle doors are still a versatile choice for many outdoor venues. (via John Schnack Photography)
18. Guest Book Quilt: Who needs a traditional guest book when you can have family and friends sign a keepsake quilt instead? Simply set one out that’s already been made or give each guest a square and have the pieces sewn together after the wedding. (via My Wedding Reception Ideas)
20. Honey Jar Favors: Give guests a sweet send-off by handing out honey jars as favors. We love this unique display, including the wooden sign and glimmering lights in the background. (via Rustic Wedding Chic)
Which of these ideas would you love to make a part of your own rustic wedding? Tell us about YOUR wedding or wedding planning below!