As kids, your mothers most likely always told you to eat your greens to stay healthy. At the time, you might have resented the thought of eating vegetables like broccoli at a meal (yuck, moooom!), but as usual, our mothers were right. Turns out that broccoli is not only a superfood when it comes to your nutritional health, but it’s also being used more and more frequently as a powerhouse beauty ingredient in the form of broccoli seed oil. Loaded with vitamins and antioxidants that are fantastic for both your skin and hair, broccoli seed oil seems like an obvious ingredient you’d want on your side. If you’re as excited by the idea of this powerful ingredient as we are, then check out 15 of our fave beauty products that prominently feature this leafy green.
1. Graydon Skincare Green Cream ($32): Described as “a salad for your skin,” all we have to say is “yes please!” This face cream is guaranteed to give you glowing, hydrated skin with its plethora of vitamin-enriched ingredients.
2. Pelle Beauty Luxe Beauty Balm ($65): This waterless formula is the answer for any dry skin woes. Blend just a dab of this dreamy balm into your skin whenever it needs a bit of TLC, then sit back, relax and let it work its magic.
3. Gressa Skin Minimalist Corrective Serum Foundation ($54): The addition of broccoli seed oil to this foundation favorite brings with it some impressive skincare benefits. We can absolutely get on board with a makeup product that actually improves our skin throughout the day.
4. Kidscounter Not a Knot Conditioner ($16): The kiddos might not have a beauty routine of their own yet, but they’ll certainly appreciate this tangle-free, non-toxic mixture for their locks — or yours… we won’t tell ;)
5. Au Naturale Lip Gloss ($15): Lip glosses are an absolute makeup bag essential, and this particular shade would be a gorgeous color for anyone’s pout. If the color payoff isn’t enough, the plethora of superb ingredients will also have your lips feeling hydrated and happy all day long.
6. John Masters Organics Cacao & Cupuacu Hand & Body Butter ($32): With the impending cold weather comes the inevitable dry skin, and there’s no better way to fight back against itchy dryness then with a super convenient hand and body butter like this one.
7. Sacha Inchi Geranium Facial Serum ($28): Facial serums are fast absorbing and waterless, making them the ideal choice for those who want only the good stuff in their beauty products. This particular serum was made to improve your skin’s complexion by reducing fine lines and promoting cell turnover for a simply luminous face.
8. Dr. Grandel Elements of Nature Regeneration Cream ($47): The benefits of broccoli seed oil really come out to play in this face cream, which promises to give you an overall rejuvenated complexion with daily use.
9. True Nature Botanicals Pacific Sheer Everyday Coverage ($58): This tinted SPF is a great choice for those times when you want just a bit of coverage without going through an entire routine for the day.
10. Nude Skincare Perfect Cleanse Cleansing Oil ($36): Remove your makeup or cleanse your face gently without stripping it of natural oils with this hydrating option.
11. Graydon Skincare Hair Smoothie ($20): It might not be easy being green, but this conditioning Hair Smoothie certainly makes it a bit simpler. Part-conditioner and part-detangler, this product will become a staple for any hair routine.
12. Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil ($90): Radiant skin is at your fingertips with this superfood-rich facial oil. It’s ideal for both day and night use, and you’re not only getting intense hydration with this formula, but also anti-aging benefits to top it off.
13. Province Apothecary Protecting and Restoring Face Balm ($26): Irritated and sensitive skin will be put at ease with this 100% natural formulation. In such a travel-friendly size it’s easy to throw it in your bag and use it on the go.
14. La Bella Figura Barbary Fig Renewal Serum ($125): Give yourself an overnight facial every night with this completely natural and highly active serum. The powerful ingredients work while you sleep, allowing you to wake up with noticeably brighter skin.
15. Living Libations Night Nectar Relax and Repair Serum ($30/5ml): Another choice for your after-dark skincare routine is a formula that’s guaranteed to both relax and repair. An infusion of repairing botanicals regenerates your skin overnight, allowing you to relax while the ingredients do all the work for you.
Will you be adding broccoli seed oil to your routine? Let us know in the comments below!