5 of the Best Eyeliners EVER, According to Our Beauty Editor
I want to take this time to formally acknowledge and appreciate whoever invented eyeliner. Not only does this beauty product make a huge difference in our look, but it also allows us to have some serious fun. From a classic cat eye to a bold, graphic style, eyeliner is everything. With that said, we are fully aware of how overwhelming it can be to find the best eyeliner on the market. Read on to check out five of my all-time favorite eyeliners EVER and why I love them.
1. L’Oréal Paris Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner ($9): This black liquid eyeliner is one of my all-time favorites. I’ve been using it loyally since I was in high school! This liner offers seriously easy application, smudge-free wear and a black-as-night color that defines your eyes like no other. My favorite way to wear this eyeliner is by drawing on a suuuuuper thin line right above my lash line. I’m telling you, it makes your lashes look like they’re fake!
2. Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real! Push-Up Liner ($24): Love, love, love this liner in the purple shade. I know, I know — you’re probably thinking, “WTF, purple eyeliner?!” but hear me out. Wearing colored eyeliner can really enhance the look of your peepers, and I’ve found that deep, eggplant purples make my green eyes stand out. I typically apply it to my upper and lower lash lines with an eyeliner brush (rather than applying it straight from the tube). It delivers the perfect dark purple color and stays on all day and night. I def recommend using an oil cleanser to remove this stuff, though.
3. Alima Pure Satin Matte Mineral Eyeliner ($14): For me, color is everything when it comes to a liner, and this baby from Alima Pure is so, so good. I am OBSESSED with the Black Violet hue, which is appropriately described as a “deep, smokey purple.” Um, YAS. I love that, on the surface, it appears to be your average black eyeliner, but has a subtle pop of purple that takes it to another level. I prefer to wet an eyeliner brush and apply this formula damp because I find it deepens the color a bit, but it’s super pretty applied dry too.
4. PÜR Cosmetics 2-in-1 Double Ego Dual Ended Eye Liner ($21): This is my go-to eyeliner when I go out because of the unexpected hue — plain and simple. My favorite shade in the line is called Madagascar and it truly lives up to its “black gold” description. This inky color has a slightly shimmery element to it that picks up light and brightens up the eye without compromising that impact we love in black liners. I recommend you use the super fine liquid liner end to create a bold look, then flip it over and smoke out your eyes with the dry mineral tip (which is retractable and works like a pencil).
5. Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner ($21): If you’re after a liner that seriously won’t budge, give this impressive product a try. My favorite color is ME-42 Metallic Bronze because of its deep, coppery tone. This gorgeous bronzy color is so unexpected, and is an ideal shade to wear during the summer-to-fall transition. It looks beautiful applied to both the upper and lower lash lines, but really is a winner on your waterline. That’s where the waterproof element of this liner saves the day!
Follow us on Pinterest for more weekend makeup inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)