16 Problem-Solving Beauty Oils You Need in Your Summer Routine
If you haven’t yet gotten on board the beauty oil train, you’re gonna wanna hustle. The super-potent elixirs are jam-packed with the vitamins, nutrients, and pore-safe hydration you’ll need to keep your summer skin on point. And ICYMI, beauty’s most underrated superstars target a range of common skin complaints on both our faces and bodies. For issues as varied as breakouts, cellulite, or even summertime paleness, these 16 all-stars are the solution. Here, the face and body oils to bring out your beauty “A-Game” this summer — and all year long.
for makeup removal
1. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil ($27): Part of what makes this top-selling, olive-oil-rich cleanser so special is how its unique oil-to-lather emulsion removes everything — excess sebum, dirt, mascara, and the list goes on. In their place, it leaves behind nourishing vitamins (and baby-soft skin).
For Even Skin Tone
2. Biossance 100% Squalane Oil ($58): Squalane oil rocks when it comes to keeping your skintone even and fading acne scars. It also balances, hydrates, promotes cell turnover, and clears your skin by fighting blemish-causing bacteria on all skin types. #Winning.
To Clear Blemishes
3. Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil ($80): Target breakouts using this skin-clearing blend that contains 1.5 percent salicylic acid, tea tree oil, and black cumin seed oil. Unlike your typical acne treatments, U.F.O. is outta this world for keeping your face clear sans dryness.
for spot treatments
4. Osmia Organics Spot Treatment ($22): Rumor has it this essential oil blend is killer for stopping emerging pimples in their tracks. It’s powerful, anti-bacterial, non-drying, and smells like refreshing lemon.
5. Beautycounter No. 2 Facial Plumping Oil ($68): Get your faux-filler fix using this firming jasmine and argan oil blend. Say goodbye to fine lines, and hello to a dewy glow!
to fight fine lines
6. Herbivore Orchid Anti-Aging Facial Oil ($64): This top-rated option nourishes your complexion with vitamin-rich, antioxidant-packed jasmine, orchid, and camellia oils. These known anti-agers protect and improve both the skin’s hydration and elasticity. Score!
7. Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Face Oil ($170): Beauty lovers swear by Rodin’s jasmine and neroli facial oil blend. A couple drops of this youth-restoring potion leave you looking fresh-faced and fabulous. The oils in this miraculous find deliver the holy trifecta of skin care: reducing inflammation, smoothing wrinkles, and brightening dark circles.
to soothe lips
8. Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil ($26): A tinted lippie that won’t dry out your lips this summer? Um, yes. It goes above and beyond, using plant-based oils to plump and soothe your lips, keeping your pucker on point all while maintaining a stunning shine.
to reduce the appearance of cellulite
9. The Organic Pharmacy Detox Cellulite Body Oil ($51): This body treatment oil tones your skin and smoothes away unwanted dimples — with the added bonus of deep hydration. ‘Cause let’s face it: We’re all about multitasking.
for a faux glow
10. The Body Shop Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil ($22): The only thing better than the sun-kissed glow during summer? When you can score it UV-free with a healthy dose of shimmer. This glittering dry oil does all that and more, like an all-over highlighter to contour your body.
for uv protection
11. Supergoop! Sun-Defying Sunscreen Oil With Meadowfoam SPF 50 ($34): Since UV-protection is always a top priority, an oil with SPF is basically a dream come true. This antidote to that sweltering summer sun features nourishing meadowfoam and argan oil to neutralize harmful effects of sun exposure via a non-greasy formula.
to boost dewiness
12. Ouai Haircare Rose Hair & Body Oil ($32): We love trying the celeb-approved products created by hair embressario Jen Atkin, especially when they smell like roses. Keep your hair glossy and your skin smooth with this versatile hair and body oil that incorporates fragrant rose oil in its formula.
for voluminous hair
13. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Cleansing Oil Shampoo ($58): This ah-mazing shampoo cleanses your scalp and strands via an ultra-gentle oil-to-foam formula, leaving strands silky, soft, and light as air.
to treat your scalp
14. Kiehl’s Since 1851 Magic Elixir Hair Restructuring Concentrate ($20): The key ingredients in this magical medley of rosemary and avocado oil balances the natural moisture of your scalp as it promotes hair thickness, leaving you with a healthy head of conditioned hair. This solution works like a “reset button” if you have scalp irritations of any kind, including dandruff or eczema.
to strengthen nails
15. Jurlique Nail & Cuticle Treatment Oil ($18): SOMUCHYES. If too many gel manis have left your nails dry and brittle, Jurlique’s botanical concoction can strengthen, hydrate, and revive them back to life. Using plant-based ingredients like rosemary, almond, and carrot oils, your cuticles will stay soft and supple post appointment.
for daily hydration
16. Dove Beauty Bar Dry Oil ($5): On mornings when you literally can’t even, this argan-infused bar of soap leaves you feeling pampered. It’s also perfect for ladies with dry skin, thanks to its mega-infusion of vitamin E.
How will you be using beauty oil this summer? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.