The popular slogan of the ’90s, “Beef. It’s what’s for dinner,” was a huge hit for a reason. Beef is a great source of protein, it’s high in many essential vitamins, and most cuts are *actually* leaner than you may think. Whether you’re braising a roast in your slow cooker or grilling a batch of hamburgers, you can always count on it to come through in the dinner department. Call your butcher to stock up your freezer, because you’re getting ready to put beef back in your weekly rotation. Keep scrolling to read about 14 scrumptious recipes to keep in your arsenal.
1. Butter Garlic Herb Steak Foil Packets: Beef can be a bit intimidating if you’re only used to grilling burgers. Dip your toe in the steak pool with these simple buttery foil packets that require very minimal cleanup. (via The Recipe Critic)
2. Grilled Steak Fajita Skewers With Avocado Chimichurri: Once these skewers are done, you can pile everything into a tortilla or serve them as-is for a low-carb option. (via The Recipe Critic)
3. 30-Minute One Pan Beef Penne: When you want a dish that tastes like it’s been simmering all day, but you only have 30 minutes, this penne is for you. Julia Child would be very proud. (via Girl Gone Gourmet)
5. Chicken Fried Steak With Country Gravy: Pick up a couple of cube steaks and give them the fried chicken treatment with a generous pour of gravy. Sometimes a little Southern cooking is all you need to unwind at the end of the day. (via Recipe Girl)
6. Beef and Broccoli: Sure, it’s easy to call your local Chinese restaurant and order beef and broccoli, but it’s just as simple to make it yourself. TBH, you’ll like this one *way* more. (via Savory Tooth)
9. Philly Cheese Steak Pizza: Combine your love for pizza and Philly cheese steaks with this hand-tossed masterpiece. You’ll love it, but your delivery boy may shed a tear or two. (via Little Spice Jar)
10. Sheet Pan Steak and Fries: Who would have thought that you could create a steakhouse classic using only a sheet pan? Roast the potatoes first, then add the beef and crank up the broiler to sear the cuts at the last minute. (via Damn Delicious)
11. Shepherd’s Pie: Traditionally, Shepherd’s pie is made with lamb. To make it more affordable and accessible, swap for grass-fed ground beef to give it a similar earthy flavor. (via Girl Gone Gourmet)
12. Slow Cooker Balsamic Glazed Roast Beef: No Sunday is complete without an epic roast beef dinner. If this is too much for your family to eat, share with your new mom bestie or save for lunches later in the week. (via Closet Cooking)
14. Swedish Meatballs in Brown Gravy: No one has time to make a trip to IKEA every time they crave Swedish meatballs. Master this recipe, and the only time you’ll need to go is when you *have* to pick up a new Kallax shelf. (via Little Spice Jar)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy dinner recipes!