Make This Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff With Just 4 Ingredients
Beef stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food. Creamy and filling, thclassic beef dinner has been around since the mid-1800s and is popular around the globe — from Russia to Japan. Inspired by a recipe from my childhood, I’ve made this simple, four-ingredient recipe even easier by adapting it for a slow cooker, using stew beef (no fancy knife skills required!), and swapping the traditional sour cream for Greek yogurt. This recipe could easily be made gluten-free by using GF cream of mushroom soup and serving over brown rice pasta, rice, or potatoes.
4-Ingredient Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 pounds stew beef
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package egg noodles
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- chopped parsley, to garnish (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine stew beef with cream of mushroom soup.
2. Pour mixture into slow cooker, and cook on high for 6 hours.
3. For a thicker sauce, remove slow cooker lid for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
4. Cook egg noodles according to directions on package.
5. Once beef is fully cooked, turn off slow cooker and stir in Greek yogurt.
6. Serve beef stroganoff over egg noodles, and garnish with parsley, if desired.
For more comfort food recipes, check out Brit + Co on Pinterest.
(Recipe and photos via Rachel Bshero / Brit + Co)