12 Bookmarks That Will Make Book Lovers Swoon
We’ve all used an old receipt or bus ticket as a bookmark before, but these days we’re getting serious about this whole adulting thing (or at least we’re trying to). Instead of scrambling through the contents of your purse to find a pseudo-bookmark or, heaven forbid, bending the corners of your favorite fashion book, workout guide or lunchtime wanderlust read, try marking your page with one of these 12 grown-up bookmarks. They’re guaranteed to elevate your reading game.
1. Taryn Draws Bookworm Bookmark ($4): For the gal who’s always buried under a mile-high stack of books, this beautifully illustrated and brightly colored cardstock print is the perfect place marker — and features some major hair color inspo to boot!
2. Tom Dixon the Bookworm Quill Bookmark ($15): This luxe brass quill bookmark from Tom Dixon definitely gives off the impression that you have your life together (even if you have your quill stashed between a hot and heavy romance).
3. Fancy City Clips Bookmarks ($13): London’s calling! This wanderlust-inspired set of four metal bookmarks is the perfect accessory for a King’s Cross-bound muggle.
4. Shakespeare’s Globe Playground Bookmark ($1): Any fan of the Bard will enjoy these brightly colored bookmarks featuring some of his most famous one-liners. Bonus points if you stash them in the corresponding play.
6. Literary Emporium Book Lover Bookmark Set ($5): Fans of Penguin Classics will love this playful spinoff of their original branding. Their bookish messages aren’t too shabby either.
7. Fancy Metal Bookmarker ($13): You know you’re a lit chick when you feel sorry for leaving your books behind. Make sure they know they’re loved with this adorable metal bookmark from Fancy.
8. Another Studio British Writers Bookmarks ($12): With an ode to Brontë, Dickens, Austen and Shakespeare, these delightful metal bust bookmarks feature everyone’s Brit lit heroes and heroines. Timelessly etched in stainless steel, these will look especially classy in a hardcover edition you pick up from your fave used bookstore.
10. Men’s Society Bookmark With “To Be Continued” Engraved ($23): Never scramble to find your spot again with this elegant brass-plated bookmark from the Men’s Society.
11. Fancy Lightmark ($12): Shine a little light on your current read with this quirky “lightmark.” Just make sure to keep your book light on too for maximum reading potential.
12. Kate Spade New York Expletive Paper Clips ($12): They say your bookshelf is an expression of yourself. Well, these high quality expletive clips from Kate Spade New York will definitely show your true feelings about your current read, whether that’s a puzzling question mark or a yell-it-from-the-rooftops exclamation!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)