8 Hair Dryers That Will Give You a Salon Blowout at Home
We all know the secret to a salon-worthy blowout at home: a stash of great products and being a whiz with the brush. But using a fab hair dryer is essential to a gorgeous, bouncy style, so it makes sense to invest in a good tool. Just in time for holiday soirées, we rounded up the newest dryers with faster speeds, conditioning technology, and less noise, all promising beautiful, shiny tresses. Scroll down, and ladies, start your dryers!
1. Revlon Salon 360 Dual Fast Dry Hair Dryer and Styler ($60): The most annoying part of blow drying at home? Swapping out those nozzle attachments when you’re deep in drying mode. The unique design of this option eliminates that issue: The dual airflow allows for vertical and horizontal drying, which means that you can dry bigger sections of hair faster (it has 70 percent more coverage than nozzle dryers). It also delivers ions to the roots for frizz control, smoothness, and brilliant shine.
2. Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Compact Hair Dryer ($70): To keep your strands healthy and conditioned, you need a dryer that doesn’t cause excessive heat damage. This one has technology that boasts 70 percent more air pressure that puts less heat on tresses and speeds up drying time. Plus, its ionic ceramic materials make hair smooth. And don’t worry about having to replace it any time soon — the dryer withstands up to 5,000 hours of drying time.
3. NuMe Stealth Hair Dryer ($249): Just because it’s super quiet, doesn’t mean this dryer isn’t as powerful as others. Thanks to its infrared technology, which essentially beams infrared light directly onto your hair, strands dry quickly and evenly. It also smooths and seals cuticles, delivering beautifully shiny locks.
4. Keratin Complex Hydradry Dual Ion + Ceramic Professional Smoothing Dryer ($149): If you’re searching for that freshly blown, gorge look every time you dry, this buy can deliver. The ceramic and tourmaline infrared heat quickly breaks down water molecules to dry hair up to 50 percent faster than your old dryer, while ions seal the cuticle for a glossy, mirror-like shine.
5. GHD Nocturne Air Professional Performance Hairdryer ($199): Left-handed ladies know the struggle of maneuvering a dryer like a pro. Not so with this model, which features an ergonomic design that effortlessly works with either hand. Plus, the 1,600-watt motor is as powerful as a salon tool and lessens drying time.
6. Remington Ultimate Smooth Hair Dryer ($25): Want expert beauty on a budget? For the price of four grande Toasted White Chocolate Mochas, you can get this dryer with three heat settings and two speeds. The core is coated in ceramic and has ion technology, so it protects against heat damage and prevents frizz.
7. Amika The Accomplice Hair Dryer ($200): Using K-beauty technology that balances high heat and a powerful airflow, this dryer is the choice of pros because it dries at lightning speed without damage. The inside is infused with tourmaline to keep moisture in strands and give you a smooth, professional-grade texture.
8. Dyson Blown-Ouai-Set ($400): True, this tool is a major investment, but one that fans say is totally worth it. This limited-edition set (valued at $490) has deluxe sizes of sulfate-free, moisturizing hair products and gives you the advanced technology of the super fast, super smoothing, heat-smart Dyson dryer, which measures the heat every 20 seconds to prevent the temp from reaching a strand-damaging level.
Follow us on Pinterest for more hair inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.