10 Best Instant Cameras for Every Type of Photographer
Haven’t you heard? Taking real, live, tangible pictures is back in vogue. More people these days are feeling nostalgic for holding their snaps in the palm of their hand. Of course, we’re not exactly missing the long wait times at the photo developer. That’s why Polaroid, Fujifilm, Leica, and more are releasing new instant camera designs to work with the latest technology to suit any kind of photographer’s needs. Whether you’re a newbie to the photo game or an old pro, capturing all your memories is a snap.
1. Fujifilm Instax Mini 9 ($110): For the beginner on a budget, you can’t do better than the Mini 9. It has an easy-to-use design, comes in lots of bright colors, and has a nice, low price point. It also comes with a selfie mirror so you and your friends can get the perfect group pic.
2. Fujifilm Instax Wide 300 Instant Film Camera ($130): If you’re a landscape artist, you need a camera that’s designed for a wide shot. Unfortunately, not all instant cameras are made for taking grand photos. But this Fujifilm design will give you a bigger view so you can take in all your surroundings.
3. Leica Sofort Instant Camera ($279): Some shutterflies like a bit of luxury, and they’ll definitely appreciate Leica’s new instant camera’s a well-built design, easy-to-use controls, advanced camera modes, and long-lasting battery. The price may be a bit higher, but you’re sure to get some bang for your buck — and some excellent snaps.
4. Fujifilm Instax Square SQ10 Hybrid ($279): Even if you love the feel of a real photo, that doesn’t mean you have to delete your Instagram account. For the photographer who still loves to post their pictures, this superbly square camera gives you the right ratio for curating your IG feed.
5. Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic ($180): If you like lots of features for your money, this camera is where it’s at. By far, the Mini 90 has the most out of all of Fujifilm’s family of instant products: Its battery is rechargeable, it automatically detects brightness in your surroundings, there’s a double exposure mode, and it has a fast shutter speed for capturing action shots.
6. Polaroid Snap Touch ($180): Not into squinting your eyes in a viewfinder in order to get a good photo? No worries. This Polaroid design actually comes with a touchscreen for photophiles who want a little assurance. It’s especially good for people with glasses who can’t take them off to snap a picture.
7. Fujifilm Instax Mini 70 ($120): The last thing a travel photographer needs is a bulky, heavy camera. Luckily, the Mini 70 is so small, light, and compact that you can slip it into your bag without having to worry about it weighing you down as the day flies by.
8. Prynt Pocket for iPhone ($150): People who prefer to take all their photos on their phone can now get the best of both worlds. This handy tool turns your phone into a Polaroid by printing your photos on the spot. The best part? There’s no ink! This special printer paper uses heat to create the photo, so you’ll be sure to avoid any potential mess.
9. Polaroid Pic-300 ($70): Nostalgic photographers who still crave modern features will love Polaroid’s new instant camera. It still gives you that classic Polaroid look — just a little smaller and with more advanced features, like four different camera modes.
10. MiNT InstantFlex TL70 2.0 ($389): Extra-advanced photographers will still have fun with this instant camera that gives them a lot of creative control. The InstaFlex has a unique vintage design with twin lenses and lets the user adjust aperture, shutter speed, and bulb mode. It also accepts Fujifilm Instax film, so refilling it is incredibly easy.
How do you love to capture the moment? Share your favorite cameras and accessories with us on Twitter @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.