14 Gifts for Your Friend Who’s Still Living That Analog Lifestyle
Everyone has that one friend who still writes letters, listens to vinyl, keeps their agenda in a planner instead of their phone, and even dares to call you instead of texting. Your old-fashioned friend might not even be on social media and avoid using a smartphone at any cost. While some people might find this strange, you still love your retro-cool bestie, and in this digital world, there are still a lot of fun gifts out there that cater to their nostalgic needs.
1. Kikkerland It’s About Timeless Clock in Retro Red ($19): Despite the advent of smartwatches, there are still a lot of fun clocks and watches for analog lovers to enjoy. This retro ticker uses a couple of batteries for its power — no charger required.
2. Urban Outfitters Clear Cassette Player ($38): Your nostalgic bestie loves the sound of vinyl, but it’s hard to travel with. This cassette player gives them a more portable option without resorting to an mp3.
3. Polaroid Originals OneStep 2 Camera ($100): Polaroid was the original Instagram, if you ask your retro friend. Luckily, there are still classic Polaroid cameras on the market, so they can keep capturing memories for their photo album.
4. Anthropologie Productivity Planner ($25): Your nostalgic friend *probably* has a smart phone, but they wouldn’t dare use it for productivity or calendar keeping. This sleek planner is more their style.
5. Crosley X UO Keepsake Wood AV Room Portable USB Vinyl Record Player ($169): Does your friend always talk about how vinyl “just sounds warmer” than digital? This exclusive record player is the perfect home accessory for the most nostalgic audiophile.
6. June & May Portable Speaker ($88): It’s practically impossible to avoid the digital age altogether, so even if your retro buddy keeps a few digital gadgets — like this bluetooth speaker — they can at least pretend it’s vintage.
7. Draper Media Console ($279): Your friend could use the perfect piece of furniture to keep their record player, records, and everything in between for the perfect throwback listening experience.
8. Rifle Paper Co. Blue Floral Social Stationery ($23): Your old-fashioned friend might be the only person alive who still sends snail mail — so it’s worth gifting them some fly-looking stationery.
9. Anthropologie Golden Pen Set ($14): Pair that pretty paper with these vintage-looking pens for maximum throwback vibes.
10. Urbanears Plattan 2 On-Ear Headphone ($38): Even though these headphones have a built-in microphone and work with all their electronics, you friend can still enjoy their retro look and fun colors.
11. SANOXY Retro Handset ($13): Your bestie may not love holding their smartphone to their ear or use headphones to talk. Instead, give them the feel of a classic phone without the hassle of a landline.
12. Docksmith Driftwood iPhone Dock ($68): All those chargers are an eyesore for someone who appreciates the simple things in life. This driftwood-esque dock keeps those wires hidden without having to go completely off the grid.
13. Chronicle Books Snazzy Salutations Notecard Set ($19): These cute cards are a fun accessory for your friend who loves to write everything down.
14. Rifle Paper Co. Grand Dame Recipe Tin ($38): Let’s face it — your friend is never going to bookmark an online recipe or keep a digital contacts list. This box is great for writing down ingredients for their favorite treats or as a makeshift rolodex.
Do you have any recommendations for nostalgic gifts? Share them with us on Instagram @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.