The 6 Best Sexy Lace Bras Built for Busty Gals
With our sights set on Valentine’s Day, it’s time to turn our attention from snuggly separates and pajama sets to more delicate lingerie buys designed for romantic nights. But for those of us who wear a size C-cup or greater, lacy come-hither styles that pull double duty to be supportive and sexy feel like a fantasy. Ladies with larger chests have historically felt ignored by the lingerie industry, but that’s changing thanks to an increased brand focus on inclusivity. “Larger sizes have been traditionally overlooked by retail brands, or are offered in a handful of options that are comfortable but not beautiful,” explains Ra’el Cohen, Chief Creative Officer of ThirdLove, a label that has built its name on foundation pieces for a wide range of sizes.
It turns out that well-endowed women might be bypassing a surprising selection of bras designed to highlight their assets. “Lace bras are a great option for fuller-busted girls,” explains lingerie expert Jenny Altman. “Lace stretches and molds to your shape, [where] molded cup bras either fit in the cup or they don’t. This means if you’re larger in one cup than the other, one style will fit both boobs. If you gain or lose any weight and your breasts change, the lace will still fit.” And it turns out that there is a slew of flirty options created with bigger chests in mind. “Many full-busted women are convinced that they need a pad or a contour cup for lift so they don’t always look for a lace bra,” explains Alicia Miller, fit expert at Chantelle. “Lacy and seamed bras are actually some of the most supportive bras out there and can provide better shaping for full tissue than a typical T-shirt bra.” Keep reading for our favorite laced-out bras.
Plunge Demi Bra
1. Fleur du Mal Fuller Cup Lily Embroidery Plunge ($185): “Having a full bust doesn’t mean you have to hide what you have,” offers Altman. Reach for this alluring demi by Fleur du Mal to pair with anything from low-cut dresses to a simple white tee. The fuller-cupped iteration of their best-selling Lily style manages to tame your ta-tas with seductive floral embroidery and a bit of hard-working underwire.
2. Perfects Australia Women’s Full Figure Dahlia Lace Underwire ($44): Getting a little assistance and volume is just as important for gals with fuller girls, according to Altman. But look for options that continue to hold you in as they hold you up, like this all-over lace buy that would fit anyone’s budget. Altman especially recommends this underwire for new moms who are coping with post-nursing sag.
3. Lively The Palm Lace Busty Bralette ($35): If you’re hoping to spice up your everyday go-to, look for a tried-and-true style that features femme touches. “[What makes a good lace bra] is understanding what the best bra is for a larger chest and then enhancing it with lace,” explains Michelle Cordeiro Grant, founder and CEO of Lively. Your wardrobe basic doesn’t have to be boring, but it does need to offer strong, extra wide straps for lift and support, she said: “A supportive inner sling will help keep you in all the right places, and a wide sporty band offers the ultimate comfort and holds to the body.”
full coverage support
4. Le Mystere Sophia Lace Bra ($68): When you’re in need of a little extra something to keep you in place, opt for a full coverage bra fashioned with mesh sides and memory foam cups for flat, controlled sides, and a perky silhouette that doesn’t pucker. “This bra looks so sexy under the guise of an awesome support bra,” Altman raves. “Memory foam cups mold to you for softness, and the scalloped lace is flattering and always lays smooth.”
5. Chantelle Parisian Allure Unlined Plunge Bra ($72): This undergarment isn’t for the faint of heart. With ultra-flat seams for added oomph and a low-cut center plunge, it’s hard to believe that the secret to this bra’s success is in the lace. “The type of lace is important,” offers Miller, “something with a slight stretch to accommodate fullness but also with enough rigidity to lift. Seaming will provide additional support and a slimmer silhouette for a full cup.”
6. ThirdLove Everyday T-Shirt Bra ($76): Beautiful, feminine, and effortless, this essential bra is the newest addition to ThirdLove’s lineup of cult classics. Layered lace rests over the label’s signature memory foam cups that mold to your body to give your ladies smooth support with a flirty twist.
Do you have bigger boobs? Tell us your wardrobe conundrums @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.