10 Bella Hadid-Approved Leather Jackets to Top Off Your Spring Look
There’s no piece of outerwear in your closet that transitions from season to season as seamlessly as a leather jacket. Layer a coat over a leather bomber on the coldest winter days? Why not? Sub a supple leather topper for a boring blazer? Oh, yes! We’ve picked the season’s best leather jackets below, inspired by one of our favorite ladies who layer, Bella Hadid.
Bella Hadid knows that nothing says spring like denim and leather. (Photo via Gotham/GC Images)
1. Ramy Brook Dalton Jacket ($845): This might be the best red leather jacket since Michael Jackson’s Thriller days. The cherry red is not made for wallflowers, and if you really want to go all out, pair this bomber with hot pink cotton trousers and bright yellow slides.
2. Alice + Olivia Nixon Mock Collar Leather Jacket ($995): It’s all black and white (and graphic stripes) with this cropped leather jacket. Toss this jacket over black jeans and a white top or mix patterns by layering it over a polka dot dress.
3. Zara Faux Leather Jacket With Flowing Lapels ($46): This soft-as-butter faux leather jacket has the look and feel of the real deal but at a fraction of the cost. Wear it instead of a cardigan over a silk blouse and culottes.
4. Schott NYC Women’s Vintaged Cowhide Motorcycle Jacket ($760): From the company that designed the first moto jacket in 1928 comes a white version inspired by the original. Add a little more tenderness by wearing it over a pastel pink sundress.
5. Banana Republic Italian Leather Belted Moto ($548): Show off your waist with Banana Republic’s belted moto. Pair with chambray cropped jeans and mules for a casual take on the trend.
6. Rebecca Taylor Vine Print Leather Moto ($1,195): We’re sweet on this delicate vine-printed number from Rebecca Taylor. Stay with the feminine feeling by layering it over a white cotton eyelet skirt and light pink tank.
7. Mackage BAYA Classic Moto Leather Jacket ($690): This option is traditional in every way but its color. Afraid you won’t get your money’s worth because of the teal hue? Don’t be — besides brightening up your basic blacks, this color also looks fab mixed and matched with red, yellow, and the ubiquitous millennial pink.
8. Joie Kameke Leather Jacket ($898): Viva La Femme! We couldn’t agree more. This Joie leather moto with a message is cut generously enough to layer over a sweater. Or you could just double down on its girl power theme by wearing it with your fave “The Future Is Female” tee.9. IRO Ashville Jacket ($1,200): It’s pretty easy being green with IRO’s cropped moto. Treat the emerald hue as you would a neutral and add vibrancy to almost everything in your wardrobe.
10. BB Dakota Siena Soft Leather Jacket ($350): You’ll be reaching for this light pink jacket time and time again to soften up your weekend go-to outfit of boyfriend jeans and clogs. Come warmer months, stay in the pastel zone with white jeans and a baby blue striped tee.
Want more style advice? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.