9 Meditation Items That’ll Help You Relax
There are so many benefits of meditation (better sleep, less stress, more focus) that make it easy to want to get onboard with the practice. Yet, when it come to actually doing the meditation, that can be a bit harder to embrace. Things like an active work mind, racing thoughts, or even the tapping of your pup’s paws against the floor all make it difficult to find the deep concentration you’re looking for. These nine props are sure to help you achieve all those oms with ease. Scroll down to see them all.
1. Gaiam Zafu Meditation Cushion ($45): Take a load off — literally — with this cushion designed to keep your ankles, knees, and back at rest.
2.Dharma Shop’s Sensational Prayer Shawl ($35): Keep yourself warm and cozy as you meditate by wrapping yourself in one of these handmade, block-printed prayer shawls.
3. Sacred Space Hand Hammered Tibetan Singing Bowl ($55): Soundtrack your practice with the soothing tones of a singing bowl. Over time, it will be enough of a trigger to ready your mind and body to meditate.
4. Anthropologie Palo Santo Incense Bundle ($12): Infuse a therapeutic, woodsy scent into your space before sitting down to chant your “oms.”
5. Gaiam Zabuton Floor Cushion ($50): Add an extra layer of padding to your practice by laying this floor cushion underneath your meditation pillow.
6. 50 Best Meditation Songs Collection ($10): Use music to help you settle in. This album collects a variety of different types of noise, from chanting to instrumental music, so that you can find what helps you achieve your inner zen.
7. Dohm by Marpec Natural White Noise Sound Machine ($41): Slide into a meditative state quickly with white noise that drowns out anything going on in the background.
8. Capri Blue Iridescent Jar Candle ($30): Dim the lights, close the door, and set a peaceful mood with these colorful jar candles.
9. Online Meditation Timer (Free): A timer is a great way to minimize external distraction. This option incorporates prep time and starts off your meditation with the gentle chime of a bell. Three soft chimes signal the end of your reflection (and a practice well done!).
(Additional reporting by Michelle Wallace)
What helps you meditate? Let us know @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.