The 9 Most Pet-Friendly Hotels in the US
Traveling with your dog can be amazing, but finding a hotel that feels the same? Not as amazing. In fact, traveling with your pup can result in overnight stays in some, ahem, less than desirable hotels. That said, more and more chains have been updating their pet policies and welcoming in your furry friends. Below, find locations that not only allow dogs, they also embrace them with welcome packages, daycares, and more.
1. Dream Hotel, Hollywood, CA: This hotel offers a pet-tailored “Pack Your Wags” package that will make your pup feel right at home. For some of the most decadent pet amenities, the hotel works with PupJoy and Pet Reiki by Hollywood spa and wellness club, Sweatheory. (Photo via Dream Hollywood)
2. Shinola Hotel, Detroit, MI: Through the location’s partnership with Canine to Five Daycare, the hotel provides guests with the option of dropping their pup off while they go out to explore the city. (Photo via Shinola Hotel Detroit)
3. Pod Times Square, New York, N: If it’s time to show your furry friend the Big Apple, this is the perfect hotel. As the chain’s newest property, the location allows dogs under 25 pounds. It even offers a bunk bed that would be perfect to split with your best furry friend — you take the top bunk, of course. (Photo via Pod Times Square)
4. Viceroy Hotels and Resorts’ Urban Retreats, San Francisco, CA: These properties — which include Hotel Zelos, Hotel Zeppelin, Hotel Zetta, and Hotel Emblem — welcome your pup by providing a 15 percent discount to the popular dog walking app, Wag!
5. Loews Hotels, Various Locations: These hotels not only allow pets, but they also offer sweet welcome packages that include a pet tag, bowl, and special treat so that your pooch can wag into their vacation. The hotels also provide a detailed brochure with dog walking routes, as well as local veterinarian, pet shop, and groomer information.
6. Ace Hotel, New York: This trendy New York staple is the perfectly beautiful, scenic location to vacation with your pet. Enjoy a stroll through the midtown streets and make sure to visit one of Manhattan’s many dog-friendly restaurants. (Photo via Ace Hotel)
7. Marriott, Various Locations: This chain encompasses a LOT of hotel brands, and quite a few of them are Fido-friendly. While it can vary based on individual property, many even offer amenities specifically for pet owners. Check out the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Delta Hotels and Resorts, Gaylord Hotels, Courtyard, and more.
8. Alfond Inn, Winter Park, FL: This hotel is perfect for those hoping to experience more than just theme parks during their trip to Orlando. Winter Park is an adorable town right near Orlando that offers many pet-friendly stores and restaurants. (Photo via Alfond Inn)
9. Disney Resorts, Various Locations: If you’re hoping to take your entire family on a Disney vacation, you’re in luck when it comes to bringing your dog. There are four different resorts inside the theme park that welcome dogs, including the Art of Animation Resort, the Port Orleans Resort, the Yacht Club Resort, and the Cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort. To make your pet feel extra special, these resorts also provide a Pluto welcome kit. (Photo via Disney Resorts)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.