15 Quick (and Easy) Cleaning Products to Use in 2018
For many of us, 2017 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2018! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks, and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
It’s a new year, and that means it’s time to refresh (AKA deep clean) your home. Before you go into panic mode when you see smudges on the walls, dust on the shelves, and fingerprints on your stainless steel refrigerator, check out this list of quick and easy cleaning products to stockpile in your closet so your home can be spic-and-span in no time at all. Seriously, a tidy home in mere minutes. Scroll through to see which products will help make you look like a happy homemaker without all that old-fashioned elbow grease.
1. Bamboo Towels ($8): Talk about going the distance! These thick and sturdy paper towels are reusable and machine washable (just don’t use fabric softener). So not only can you clean efficiently, but you’re doing something good for the earth too.
2. Method All-Purpose Cleaner, Lime + Sea Salt ($3): If you only have time to use one product, this is it. Not only is it an effective all-purpose cleaner, but it’s chemical free, which means it’s safe to use around children and pets. Plus it smells like a margarita, which makes it a must-have in our book.
3. Swiffer Sweeper Starter Kit ($13): Swiffer — the classic, easy-to-use floor cleaner — gets an upgrade in this kit. With one simple change of the pad, you can go from dry sweeping to a quick mop.
4. Clorox Disinfecting Wipes ($6): These hardcore wipes are essential when you want to sanitize anything and everything quickly and efficiently. The best part? You can use ’em on multiple surfaces.
5. Method Antibacterial Bathroom Cleaner, Spearmint ($4): Store this spray under the bathroom sink and use it on surfaces where germs might be lurking, like toilets, sinks, and tubs.
6. Clorox Toilet Wand ($22): Got a few seconds to spare? With this magical wand, you can kill toilet germs and dispose of the pads in one fell swoop.
7. Windex Glass and Surface Wipes ($3): Everyone knows that Windex is the go-to cleaner for windows and mirrors, but now it’s conveniently packaged as wipes so you can clean those smudges in just one step.
8. Bar Keepers Friend Multipurpose Cleaner ($2): Know someone who will comment on the cleanliness of your kitchen sink? Use this, and it’ll sparkle like a diamond right before their eyes.
9. Method Squirt + Mop, Spearmint Sage ($5): No bucket needed for this handy floor-cleaning solution. Simply squirt it straight from the bottle onto the floor and run your mop over it.
10. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser ($7): Run this white sponge under a little water and then set your sights on what you need to clean. We love using it to erase rogue marks on walls and doors, but you can use this handy scrubber on pretty much every surface.
11. Clorox Urine Remover for Stains and Odors ($6): If you have pets, then you need this spray. It removes pesky stains and smells in less than five minutes!
12. Pledge Multi Surface Wipes ($4): While Pledge may be known for their wood cleaners, these wipes can be used to clean televisions and computers as well.
13. Black + Decker Compact Hand Vacuum ($32): If you need to give your carpet a touch-up cleaning or get between the cushions of the couch, this hand-held vacuum is clutch. It only weighs two pounds, and the cyclonic action keeps the suctioning power strong.
14. Weiman Stainless Steel Wipes ($4): These wipes remove fingerprints, water residue, and grease from stainless steel appliances like refrigerators, ovens, and microwaves.
15. Swiffer Dusters ($13): These “trap and lock” dusters are a must for ceiling fan blades, tops of bookshelves and cabinets, and any other hard-to-reach places where dust likes to gather.
How do you get your house company-ready? Tell us at @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.