The Best Red Lipsticks for Every Skin Tone
Whether you rock red lips on the daily or are just getting into the trend, Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to go bold with a new red hue. From manicures and cards to sweet treats, emails and even gifts, February is the month to show the color red a little extra love. We’ve done all the work for you and hunted down the perfect shades for every skin tone. These red lipsticks will have you blowing kisses on Valentine’s Day, and every day after that.
Best for Darker Skin Tones
1. Maybelline New York on Fire Red ($5): Dark skin tones wear vivid lip colors beautifully, and this one is a real winner. Not only does it look fabulous, but you also can’t beat the price.
2. Sephora Collection in Royal Raspberry ($13): This cranberry hue looks flawless against darker skin tones. It’s the perfect way to start warming up to bolder reds.
3. Dolce & Gabbana Voluptuous in Italian Monica ($34): The blue undertones in this stick make it ideal for medium skin tones. It layers on for increasing intensity, so you can decide just how dramatic you want your lips to be.
Best for Medium Skin Tones
4. Yves Saint Laurent in Forbidden Plum ($15): The warm tones of medium skin can pull off blackberry hues like this one. It includes sun protection, making it your new go-to shade.
5. Revlon Moon Drops in Orange Flip ($11): Pinky skin tones can pull off an orangey lip flawlessly. This stick carries extra conditioning to soothe chapped lips.
Best for Fair Skin Tones
6. Tom Ford Lip Color in Ruby Rush ($50): This bold hue brings out the best in fair skin tones and calls all the attention to your glowing face.
7. Revlon Colorburst in Unapologetic ($13): If you’re just getting into the idea of wearing a red lip, this is a great pick. Not only does it look good on every skin tone, but it also gives a beautiful pop of red without feeling overdone or flashy.
All Skin Tones
8. Illamasqua in Sangers ($28): Another great pick for any skin tone, this is the one to wear if you want to go big. It goes on matte and delivers a deep, blood red color.
Brit and rock a bright red look, this is definitely the shade for you.
10. NARS Jungle Red ($27): The reviews are in, and this shade comes in as the best understated red for all skin tones. Smooth it on, and wait for the compliments to start pouring in.