Fitness Gear for People Who Can’t Get Enough Black in Their Closets
What’s not to love about black fitness gear? It matches everything, hides sweat, and is universally flattering. Black doesn’t have to be boring, though. If you’re looking to add a little more sleekness to your workout style, look no further than these better-than-basic products.
1. Caraa Sport Tote ($295): This stylish, waterproof, and antimicrobial tote has enough room for everything you need for a long day, from office to gym to post-workout happy hour: a roomy interior with pockets, a separate shoe compartment, yoga mat straps, and a built-in USB charger. Plus, it converts to a backpack with adjustable straps for when you really need to move.
2. Stio Azura Insulated Vest ($165): Layer up for cold-weather workouts with this lightweight quilted vest. It has PrimaLoft insulation, zippered pockets to hold your valuables, and an adjustable hem. The vest also packs up into its internal pocket for easy portability (or to double as a pillow).
3. Athleta Rock Ridge PrimaLoft Jacket ($178): Stay warm and sustainable in this water-resistant, insulated jacket made from recycled nylon. Thumbholes and a longer hem help keep you protected.
4. Darn Tough Stealth No-Show Ultra-Light ($16): These merino wool no-show socks will keep your toes warm while also letting them breathe, making them ideal for year-round activities. They have a seamless feel to prevent any unnecessary bunching or chafing and, bonus, they’re built so well that they’re unconditionally guaranteed for life.
5. ALO High-Waist Moto Leggings ($114): Black leggings don’t have to be boring. These sleek high-waist moto leggings will add some edge to your style.
6. Boom Boom Athletica Tri-Color Leggings ($130): These leggings are made of four-way stretch moisture-wicking fabric, and they feature just the slightest touch of color to mix up your black legging drawer.
7. Nike Essential Logo Bodysuit ($50): For an effortlessly sporty look, swap out your regular go-to black tee with this comfy cotton bodysuit.
8. Fitbit Versa ($199): Need a pal to keep you accountable for your fitness goals? The Fitbit Versa can help track your activity, sleep, heart rate, reproductive cycle, and more. You can also get personalized workouts right on your wrist.
9. APL Techloom Breeze Knit Running Shoe ($200): Lightweight, sleek, and street-ready, these APL sneakers will be your new favorite gym buddies.
10. lululemon X SoulCycle To the Beat Bra ($68): With a high neckline and a strappy back, this bra will keep up with you whether you’re in warrior pose or tapping it back.
11. AmazonBasics Half-Inch Extra-Thick Exercise Mat ($18): Add a little cushion under your body for your next yoga, ab, strength-training, or other at-home workout. It’s made from a durable foam and comes with a carrying strap.
12. Sweaty Betty Pleat Tech Run Hoodie ($125): This boxy Polartec fleece hoodie will keep you cozy before, during, and after gym time.
13. TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller ($35): Recovery is just as important as exercise, so roll out those tired muscles with a foam roller that’s designed to replicate a massage therapist’s hands.
14. Outdoor Voices Doing Things Bra ($65): This bra is made from breathable TechSweat fabric, and its name says it all — wear it while you’re, well, doing things.
15. Gaiam Balance Disc Wobble Cushion ($22): Turn your desk job into an unexpected ab trainer: This disc can be put on top of any chair to create an instant way to help strengthen your core.
16. JoyLab Long Sleeve Mesh Shirt ($25): Add a little edge to your closet with this mesh shirt; the breathable sleeves will keep you feeling and looking cool.
17. Zella Taryn Luxe Jogger Pants ($75): A good pair of joggers goes well with any active lifestyle. This cotton-blend pant has ribbed cuffs for a polished look.
Share your favorite workout gear with us @BritandCo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.