Sorry, Pastels: These 9 Spaces Prove Black Is The Trendiest New Nursery Color
When deciding on a color scheme for a nursery, pretty pastel hues like pink, blue, or “gender-neutral” yellow are probably what come to mind first. Likely not on the list? Black. But contrary to conventional wisdom, black is turning out to be one of the trendiest colors for baby’s first bedroom, and we’re blown away at how many cool, creative interpretations there are. Looking for some inspo? Check out these Insta picks that prove any decor style can work with the moody hue, from the boho rattan look to feminine art deco.
1. Black And White And Boho All Over: With plants and a mix of patterns piled high on that blanket ladder, this nursery is fit for a future boho- enthusiast in training.
2. Awesome Accent Wall: Feeling a little commitment-phobic? A single accent wall channels this trend without the fuss.
3. Go Graphic: Proof that dark walls are the perfect backdrop for colorful accents.
4. High-Contrast: Black and white feels surprisingly soft and subtle in this animal-themed interpretation.
5. Feminine Meets Modern: Think that a black nursery can’t be girly? Think again. Deco-inspired pink accents, custom neon, and a splash of stunning floral wallpaper makes this one of our favorite rooms ever, full stop.
6. Goodnight Moon: This minimalist room is pure magic thanks to a wooden moon cutout that turns the black walls into an endless sky.
7. Masterful Matte Finish: Something about a matte finish black wall feels extra attention-grabbing, especially with such a unique mix of textures around the room.
8. Princess-Worthy Black & Pink: Oversized florals make these black walls look fit for royalty.
9. Wallpaper That Wows: Swap paint for a similarly dark wallpaper and add in light and airy accents to create contrast.
Are you a mom-to-be who’s jumping on this trend? Let us know @BritandCo!