We’ve been waiting for what feels like decades for Black Panther to arrive, and now, the time has finally come! The film had its Hollywood premiere earlier this week, and while critics can’t stop gushing about the movie (which will officially hit theaters February 16), it’s the style its stars brought to the red carpet that we can’t stop swooning over.
Everyone from fashion goddesses Janelle Monae and Lupita Nyong’o to Aerie’s newest model Yara Shahidi was on hand, and these ladies did not come to play — their looks were fierce AF! Read on to see who seriously slayed.
1. Lupita Nyong’o: No one does a red carpet quite like this beauty, so we’re not surprised that she turned up to the Black Panther premiere looking like absolute royalty. As the Oscar-winner’s longtime stylist, Micaela Erlanger, told The Hollywood Reporter, her vibrant purple Versace gown was inspired by her “fierce” character, saying, “It’s a really glamorous take on our vision and it’s very fierce, certainly.” (Photo via Jesse Grant/Getty)
2. Yara Shahidi: At just 17 years old, the Grown-ish actress is a style star in the making, and her white Etro gown with printed embroidery was solid proof. She added in gold Christian Louboutin sandals and gold hoop earrings for a fun, playful look. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
3. Janelle Monáe: The singer/actress gave us serious Queen Grimhilde (Snow White) vibes in her black Christian Siriano ball gown with voluminous white and blue sleeves, adding the most regal touch of all with a tilted golden crown. (Photo via Joe Scarnici/Getty)
4. Janeshia Adams-Ginyard: The stuntwoman looked truly flawless in a matching crop top and ball gown by designer Tamara Cobus, which celebrated her Jamaican heritage. She finished the attention-grabbing look off with a coordinating hat and coil jewelry by Robot Clouds. (Photo via David Crotty/Patrick McMullan/Getty)
5. Issa Rae: Already a red carpet darling, the Insecure star channeled queen Cleopatra for her purple carpet look, opting for a white pleated Rosie Assoulin gown with a vibrant side panel and metallic Giuseppe Zanotti platform sandals. The CoverGirl spokesperson also wore the brand’s products (but of course). (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
6. Angela Bassett: The 9-1-1 star stunned in a sunshine yellow fringed jumpsuit by Naeem Khan. Bassett accessorized with satin platform heels, gold Vendorafa cuffs, gold drop earrings, and a custom oval Thalé Blanc clutch, striking what she says was the perfect tone for the evening. “It’s all about colors, all about heat, and I think we’re bringing that tonight on the purple carpet,” she told ET. We’d absolutely agree! (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
7. Danai Gurira: Neil Lane jewels added shine to this gorgeous Viktor & Rolf frock, as worn by the RL actress behind the film’s character of Okoye (who will also appear in Avengers: Infinity War). (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
8. Sope Aluko: The Nigerian native, who stars as Shaman in the live-action comic book blockbuster, celebrated her own heritage by wearing a gorgeous green dress from Nigerian designer Deola Sagoe which was inspired by traditional Aso Oke fabric. Aluko added a Tyler Ellis clutch, Stuart Weitzman shoes, and jewels from Neil Lane, H. Stern, Roseark, and Effy Jewelry to top the look off. (Photo via Emma McIntyre/Getty)
9. David Oyelowo: The ladies certainly didn’t have all the fun: Oyelowo showed up the carpet competition in a boldly printed dashiki and coordinating pants with embellished velvet loafers that were just as bold as any gown. (Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty)
10. Sydelle Noel: Noel went for the gold in a glitzy Marc Bouwer gown with Stuart Weitzman heels, D’Orazio & Associates jewels, and canary yellow toenails. (Photo via Rich Polk/Getty)
Which of these stunning Black Panther looks was your favorite? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Photo via Jesse Grant/Getty)