18 Black + White Holiday Decorations That’ll Make You Forget About Red + Green
There’s no doubt that non-traditional holiday colors are hitting it big this year. And with much inspo from Scandinavian Christmas decor, black and white is a modern and fun twist from the usual red and green. It’s minimalist, whimsical and gives you plenty of easy DIY holiday ideas for achieving ultimate holiday cheer. This simple color palette is clean and fresh and perfect for minimalist decor this season, from graphic garlands to cheery metallic accents. Fair warning: Once you go to the “dark” side, you may never go back to red and green.
2. Touch of Gold: Metallics are the perfect way to add some festivity to modern decor. Gold, silver and copper (on their own or all three) are totally BFFs with a black and white palette. (via Monica Wants It)
5. DIY Kate Spade-Inspired Ornaments: Hang these DIY ornaments with a fat ribbon to add a chic element to the Christmas tree. You can also use them to top a gift or whip up a trio for an ornament exchange. (via Handmade Mood)
6. DIY Piñata Trees: Use layers of fringed tissue to give the effect of tree branches. You can, of course, go traditional with green, but you’ll love the look of the black + white. Now if only these were full of candy… (via Hello Natural)
10. Scandinavian Window Display: Take a tip from that envy-inducing Scandi decor and use candles in abundance. Style a variety of candles and lanterns to bring warmth and delicious scents into your home. (via Salad Days)
11. Simple Wrapping Paper: White paper packages tied up with string, these are a few of our favorite things. (via @chelseawarburton)
13. Geo Ornaments: This modern mini tree could totally be left up all year long. The all-white branches are cool, but they would be even cooler wrapped up in some string lights, don’t you agree? (via Bungalow 5)
16. DIY Gold Heart Ornaments: Personalize every ornament on your tree by decoupaging them in the same wrapping paper you’re using for your presents. Uniformity is totally in this year. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
What is your favorite non-traditional holiday color palette? Tweet us @BritandCo and tell us what colors you’re loving this year!