15 DIY Christmas Ornaments Minimalists Will Love
Though the holidays are typically a maximalist‘s dream, we’re seeing a trend toward the streamlined. Perfect example? The capsule wardrobe and the rise in popularity of the #KonMari Method. Yes, everyone can appreciate an over-the-top light show or stocking-stuffed mantel, but the spirit of simplicity is definitely in season. Try it on for size by taking inspo from these DIY ornament ideas.
3. Eye Ornament DIY: Don’t the eyes always have it? This DIY definitely thinks so. As #NYFW proved, graphic illustrations are really having a moment. It’s only right you allow your Christmas tree to make the same bold fashion statement. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Wooden Tassel Ornaments: For a more natural, subdued vibe, try fashioning these neutral wooden ornaments. We’re loving that the tassels add just the right amount of holiday flair. (via The Merry Thought)
5. Glistening Silver Glitter: More of a silver than a gold person? This DIY is for you. Though glitter can be chaotic (it is, after all, the chicken pox of craft supplies), it keeps its minimal feel by acting as a single-hued ornament. (via Brit + Co)
8. Easy Stitched Leather Ornaments: Not only do these ornaments look great riding solo on a tree, but they also make excellent gifts for long-distance SOs, friends or family members. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. DIY Moon Phase Clay Ornaments: We found them on scarves and calendars this past year, and now they’re on our tree. For a really modern look, try pairing these white ornaments with a white tree. (via Alice & Lois)
11. Pipe Cleaner Himmeli Ornament DIY: Sometimes the simplest idea has the biggest impact. At least that’s what these little DIY diamonds prove. All you need is some leftover craft supplies and a few hours and you’ll have your tree lookin’ like a million bucks. (via Smile and Wave)
13. Repurposed Ornaments With Ribbon Tape: Instead of tossing old ornaments, grab some ribbon tape and update those little buggers. You’d be surprised how such a simple idea can completely transform your decor. (via Up to Date Interiors)
14. B+W Nordic Ornaments: Though these ornaments are super simple to create, when you put them together, they not only make a statement, but they also tell a story. (via Brave New Home)
After all this inspo, who’s ready to minimal-ize their Christmas tree? Show us your tree on Instagram using hashtag #iamcreative!