9 Ultra-Chic Monochromatic Christmas Tree Decorating Ideas
Holiday decorating season has officially begun! If you are looking for a more modern take on traditional Christmas tree decorations, then it’s time to opt for a monochromatic look instead of the usual red and green affair. Whether it’s cool blue or feminine shades of pink, a Christmas tree decorated in one color feels effortlessly elegant. Plus, it often looks more in tune with your existing holiday decor and gift wrapping. Make a statement with a colorful faux tree or keep it subtle with a real tree and ornaments all in the same hue. Check out the adorable and festive looks below to get started.
2. Winter White: For a super bright setup, opt for an all-white faux tree with gold metallic ornaments. A sheer, gold-tinted burlap garland adds depth to the tree, while a scattering of glittery white ornaments reflects the light. (via HGTV)
3. Festive Red: This candy cane-inspired mini tree is perfect for an apartment (or if you’re not ready to commit to a bold look for your regular tree). Adorable red paper pinwheels complete the display and would make a fun holiday craft activity with family. (via Martha Stewart)
4. Sophisticated Purple: Purple hues always create a regal, elegant feel. And when combined with an all-white faux tree, the colors feel both fresh and modern. Add dark taupe ornaments and pinecones to bring a rustic element to balance out this glam setup. (via Apartment Therapy)
5. Classic Champagne Gold Full Pre-lit Christmas Tree ($320 and up): It doesn’t get any more luxe than this. Set against a bright and airy backdrop, this all-gold-everything tree brings plenty of drama. Subtle decor and accents, like the white ornaments and burlap tree skirt, let the look speak for itself.
6. Shades of Pink: A less-full tree lets monochromatic ornaments take the stage. On this frosted option, ornaments in shades of pink, from blush to magenta, offer a festive and feminine feel. The range of ornament sizes, with a few gold ones mixed in, also creates a natural, cohesive look. (via Luella & June)
7. Trendy Ombre: This ombre tree is like the fashionista of Christmas trees. Fading from a deep red to hot pink to a bubblegum pink at the top, this style offers an unexpected look. We recommend a few modern decorations in silver and white to keep everything updated and bright. (via Hayneedle)
8. Ice-Inspired: Tiffany blue and bright white make a chic combination that’s fitting for Christmas through New Year’s. The bird-inspired accents provide a playful touch, while the faceted ornaments add dimension. (via Setting for Four)
9. Silver Tones: For a dark and rustic vibe, look no further than this dusty silver display. A faux (or real!) tree in a silvery-gray hue lets bright silver finials shine — and the result is seamlessly festive. (via Myer)
What color would you use to decorate a monochromatic tree? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!